Wrestling Forum banner

Should TNA have allowed Jeff Hardy to keep the title despite being unable to show up?

• No, TNA made the wrong decision, he should have lost the title before the tour.

Votes: 61 83.6%
  • Yes, TNA made the right decision here by keeping the belt on him and writing him off screen.

Votes: 12 16.4%

Jeff Hardy UK Tour Situation

17K views 169 replies 63 participants last post by  kurtmangled 
#1 · (Edited)
Just read on TNA Wrestlings UK Facebook page that Jeff Hardy wont be attending the Road to Lockdown tour due to injury sustained on Impact Wrestling on Jan 18th.

He's been replaced on tour by Sting!

#65 ·
I try and defend the company usually because i think they get too much unfair criticism.

Saying that this is fucking ridiculous and the kind of thing that does real damage to a companys long term image.

They have used a proven draw and star to promote and advertise a tour knowing full well that the guy would not be appearing on the show because he is legally not allowed to enter the country. Its bullshit plain and simple. They have lied to a fanbase that they claim to always put first and treat better than the competition.

Add in the fact that now the world championship is not on the shows so fans who get one tour a year wont get to see the world champion. Its not as though there arent options for other guys to take the belt. The company is full of great workers who have worked their asses off to further the company and put on the best shows for the fans and yet the company leave the belt on Hardy. Spitting on the rest of the roster and more importantly on the paying fans who lets me honest have put up with a hell of a lot of shit from this company but who have stuck by them

#66 ·
Re: Long rant about Jeff Hardy w/ spoilers for next Impact.

Its embarressing people are giving this guy so much of ther time.he has to be one of the least passionate champs ever.get over it.the show will prove to be amazing with out his dampering persona.UK fans have passion and want to see a heartless champion? People make no sense

#67 ·

Its embarressing people are giving this guy so much of ther time.he has to be one of the least passionate champs ever.get over it.the show will prove to be amazing with out his dampering persona.UK fans have passion and want to see a heartless champion? People make no sense

Plus I know they will have a solid plan to make it up.

#68 ·
Re: Jeff Hardy UK Tour Situation (Spoilers inside)

Promote Hardy to put asses in seats than a week before the shows pull him because of a fake injury. That sounds kinda planned to me but knowing Tna it wasn't, anyway Sting a good replacement even tho I thought he was already on the Tour and yeno what its not like a champion hasn't been involve in an injury angle before so whatever maybe have Daniels try to get Hardy stripped of the title for not being able to defend or something

#69 ·

Plus I know they will have a solid plan to make it up.

#70 ·

This will be all forgotten in a couple of months. The thing is you can rant all about it, but it won't change anything. Every wrestling company has screwed the fans, TNA has done it a lot of times in the past. I am annoyed Jeff Hardy can't make the show, but I knew a long time ago he was not able to due to his problems in the past, preventing him to come over to the UK. Yes TNA is wrong in advertising him, but they are not the only company to do this.

#71 ·

I'm shaking my head at people lambasting Jeff for this, Wrestlers can't demand to be champions, Its creative/higher ups/management who are to blame here, I'm sure Jeff himself didn't demand to be champion and advertise himself on the posters, The Blame for this cock up right here has to go to TNA, not Jeff, TNA should have put the belt on Daniels, Had Aces and Eights interfer mid match and Daniels took advantage, He could've kept the belt till Lockdown, Jeff could've won it back, least Daniels would've had a nice reward for his loyalty to TNA.. *sigh*

#74 ·

Okay, and? Because WWE makes bad decisions, that means that TNA should too?

This is inexcusable for TNA to advertise him, and leave him champ.

How the fuck can you act like this isn't a big deal? This is fucking ridiculous. I'm so done with this company. Amazing workers, horrible management.

#76 ·

I'm just pointing out that wrestling companies for many years, from WCW, ECW and promotions back in the 1980's, they would advertise there top stars for shows, but then they pull them from the card.

If your so upset with TNA, don't watch them then. Your a Jeff Hardy hater anyway, so I thought you be quite happy he is not on the show.

I actually do say that TNA has made a big mistake advertising Jeff Hardy, but its not like we have not seen this before.

#77 · (Edited)

Dont Get me wrong im a HUGE Hardy fan but yes keeping the title on him and off tv for a month was a bad call. should have had him drop it to Daniels and then upon return to Florida have the two Fued for the belt. but once again its Hogan and Dixie killing TNA all sorts of dead. Hardy is probably my favorite wrestler of all time (just a personal opinion thing) but I would watch him weather he had the belt or not. So him keeping it so it cant be on tv or a month worth of live shows is just a bad move. TNA just needs to write Hardy back in when you stateside! it isnt rocketry!

#78 ·

They could focus on who will be the next challenger for Lockdown. They don't need to switch the belt for 4 impacts. More importantly they should not have a title change on TV when the champion has a long reign.

#79 · (Edited)

Why the fuck would any of you want Daniels to have the title for only four episodes when you know that he would lose it back to Hardy once they're back in the States?

Sting came back at the time that he did because they knew that Hardy wasn't going no damn where near the UK. That wasn't a last minute decision.
They're going to do a ton of pretapes, probably a number one contender tournament and keep it moving. Those large and in charge Hardy fans must be pissed overseas, though.

#81 ·

Why the fuck would any of you want Daniels to have the title for only four episodes when you know that he would lose it back to Hardy once they're back in the States?
Probably because, despite his awesomeness, we know that at 42 and with the likes of Roode and Aries in the company he's unlikely to ever get a lengthy run.

And now it seems, even when the moon and the stars and the planets are all perfectly aligned, they still can't bear to do it.

I mean, I just don't get it. Even if they found out about Hardy that morning, who thinks "Have Aces and 8s beat him up and put him in hospital, then we can have 4 weeks (and a major tour) without a champ. Then we can use a kayfabe injury to fob off fan complaints about his legit non-appearance!" is a good idea?

As opposed to, "Daniels beats Hardy, Roode and Aries join in a beat down and put Hardy in hospital. Lots of heat for our big heels and one of the best mic-workers in the business can carry the slack until we get back. Then Hardy gets a super-Cena push back to the belt and, as we now have a revenge angle, we can run all the Hardy/Roode/Aries matches all over again because we have a fresh impetus! Hardy gets sympathy, the heels get heat, everyone's a winner. Plus we've covered the gap by rewarding one of our hardest workers and without damaging our main, younger heels with a short run."

If you're TNA it seems you go for the former.

#80 ·

So that the champion could show up for four episodes? Sorry, I forgot, it's better to just have inner monologues of the champion in a different country, instead of, you know, having him be there.

#82 · (Edited)

So that the champion could show up for four episodes? Sorry, I forgot, it's better to just have inner monologues of the champion in a different country, instead of, you know, having him be there.

So you want a paper champion to show up on 4 episodes just because? That makes as much sense as putting the title on someone that can't leave the country. Then when he loses the title on the Orlando sound stage, everyone will bitch because "it was too short".

#83 ·

OK let me set the record straight for everyone.

This isn't something TNA just decided to do. Jeff Hardy had to apply for a visa in the UK/England. Since he has an issue with his background there is a process he has to go through to get it approved. He obviously didn't get approved.

However TNA shouldn't do hot shot booking just because their champion can't make it across the pond.

#86 ·

OK let me set the record straight for everyone.

This isn't something TNA just decided to do. Jeff Hardy had to apply for a visa in the UK/England. Since he has an issue with his background there is a process he has to go through to get it approved. He obviously didn't get approved.

However TNA shouldn't do hot shot booking just because their champion can't make it across the pond.
Uh, actually, yes they should.

A new champion crowned on Impact would help gain at least a short-term ratings spike, and we could actually have the champion appear on TV. Weird concept, huh? The guy billed as the top stat of the company, and who has gone clean over everybody, not appearing on their biggest tour of the year is a GOOD idea? No. That is a bad idea. It makes Jeff look bigger than the company, and it makes the whole company look bad when the champion wears some gay ass belt instead of the real one, and doesn't even show up. That's worse than anything The Rock could do, and Hardy is not a mega-draw like Rock.

#87 ·

True, from what I've heard (rumours, rumours....) the issue is at the UK end not letting him in, rather than the US not letting him out. And it wouldn't be surprising if they were trying to get it sorted out until the last minute.

But the route they've taken just seems ridiculous. Even forgetting Daniels and the belt etc, what do they think they're doing blaming his non-appearance on a storyline injury? Don't they think that might just piss people who have spent a lot of money on tickets (maybe up to 9 months ago) even more?

Either be honest with the fans OR, if they're going to go the storyline route, make sure Jeff gets sympathy and bit of a push as he seeks revenge AND get the heels some heat.

As it is he'll just be cutting some inner monologue promos from his hospital bed with the belt on his shoulder, before we all get back to the IZ and everything carries on as before.

#91 ·

TNA has always made mistakes. It not Jeff Hardy's fault he can't come to the UK. Blame the UK authorities who decided not to let him in.
Yes, why blame TNA management for making this choice and not fixing it last minute, or blame Jeff for being a druggie, when we can just blame the UK authorities because some guy on here said it might have been UK authorities and not US.

fpalm

#90 ·

And don't get me wrong - I feel sorry for Jeff. It's a shame that something from his past is still hanging over him now.

But TNA have handled this in a really shoddy way. While I don't think they've deliberately mis-sold the event to the fans, it really wouldn't surprise me if someone rang the US State Dept to see if Hardy could leave the US but forgot to ring the UK Home office to see if it would be okay for him to enter. I mean the guy isn't a caterer or a lighting rig guy. He's the world champion! How can they not know his travel status?

Then to say to people who may have spent hundreds of quid on taking their family to their once a year treat to see their favourite wrestlers with the excuse that "He's not coming because he got hit with a rubber hammer," is just adding insult to injury.

And then, once again, it's up to the roster (in this case Sting) to cover up for the management's general ineptitude by presumably having to alter his plans and do a load of shows he hadn't planned to do just because they couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery.

I swear, TNA don't deserve the roster they've got.

#92 · (Edited)

Just looking at various people's Twitters, I'm more concerned that Joe may not be there. Looks like he's in New York with Robbie E. :(

Devon has confirmed the Aces and 8s are on their way over.

And Alpha Female is doing a Gut Check, but it's in Nottingham unfortunately, so won't be televised.

EDIT: Looks like Robbie E will be at Manchester and London. If that's the case no reason why Joe can't be there. Man, they work hard, don't they?

#93 ·

Just looking at various people's Twitters, I'm more concerned that Joe may not be there. Looks like he's in New York with Robbie E. :(

Devon has confirmed the Aces and 8s are on their way over.

And Alpha Female is doing a Gut Check, but it's in Nottingham unfortunately, so won't be televised.
Joey Ryan is not on the tour either.

#94 ·

My guess is TNA thought that they could get Hardy a visa so they advertised him. Ends up they can't so they are stuck with what they have. Wrestling cards have always been advertised as "card is subject to change". It's unfortunate for the UK fans. Sucks big time.

#97 ·

They're going to have to put on a hell of a show to cover for this. AJ Styles return perhaps?

#98 ·

I can tell you right now TNA would have known there was a 100% chance of Hardy being knocked back, he fails the good character assessment on the most important ground. (unspent conviction - 18 month "cooling off" period since conviction hasn't passed) The UK only grant VISAs to people with an unspent conviction for a unique reason, (eg. life endangered) Hardy doesn't have one.

Fans that bought their tickets on the grounds of believing Hardy would be there should be entitled to some kind of refund, it's a massive cock up by TNA and bordering on fraudulent behaviour.

#100 ·

I can tell you right now TNA would have known there was a 100% chance of Hardy being knocked back, he fails the good character assessment on the most important ground. (unspent conviction - 18 month "cooling off" period since conviction hasn't passed) The UK only grant VISAs to people with an unspent conviction for a unique reason, (eg. life endangered) Hardy doesn't have one.

Fans that bought their tickets on the grounds of believing Hardy would be there should be entitled to some kind of refund, it's a massive cock up by TNA and bordering on fraudulent behaviour.
Don't know where you got your information from, but unless they changed it you are wrong. It is actually 7 years since he spent 10 days in jail.

Anyways he needed to apply for a rehabilitation certification. It can take up to a year to get approved.

He obviously didn't get approved.

#99 ·

The jeff hardy hater is mad because hardy isn't going to be on a show :lol

Anyways, ratings have improved a bit since hardy got the belt and I suppose his merch buys also improved based on the fucking annoying 13 years old screamers in the impact zone wearing nothing but enigma stuff. So it's either sacrifice hardy's drawing ability on the states and make another guy the champ to be on the UK or this.
I personally don't want to see hardy losing and then winning it back one month after because that doesn't help anyone. The best solution in this case is saying they are sorry for this and tape some videopackage with hardy for the UK fans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.