Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Can somebody sell me on Roddy Piper's greatness?

View Single Post

Old 01-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Gorgeous One
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000
Default Re: Can somebody sell me on Roddy Pipers greatness?

He is considered by many to be the greatest ever talker/ worker of the mic.

He was the originator of a talk show, ie Piper's Pit. Since then we've seen The Highlight Reel, Cutting Edge, The Peep Show, MizTV etc. Piper was the original.

He was one of the main reasons, along with Hulk Hogan for the success of the WWF, and was a major player in the launching of Wrestlemania. His feud with Hogan, garnered huge mainstream attention, since they had War to Settle the Score on MTV. He then had a boxing match with Mr T at WM 2, which again gave the WWF huge mainstream attention.

Some of his other feuds, involved the Guerrero family, earlier in his career where he soon became the most hated villain up in California.

Honestly, I could go on forever, if you're really interested, just google him and youtube him, or buy the Roddy Piper Born to Controversy DVD, I have it and it's amazing.
The Gorgeous One is offline   Reply With Quote