Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - ROH World Championship respect level.

View Single Post

Old 01-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
TaylorFitz
Will Always be a Snit Head

TaylorFitz 20001 - 20500TaylorFitz 20001 - 20500TaylorFitz 20001 - 20500TaylorFitz 20001 - 20500TaylorFitz 20001 - 20500TaylorFitz 20001 - 20500TaylorFitz 20001 - 20500TaylorFitz 20001 - 20500TaylorFitz 20001 - 20500TaylorFitz 20001 - 20500TaylorFitz 20001 - 20500
Default Re: ROH World Championship respect level.

Despite the fact that ROH has been going through a pretty lengthy stretch of being bad they still have been protecting their title. Everyone in recent memory has had lengthy reigns where you really felt he guy with the title was the best guy on the roster. The only title reign that I would say wasn't booked very well was Strong's. And they got the belt off of him pretty quickly once you could tell things weren't going well.

From what I can remember all of their title changes are a really big deal. I was in the arena when Eddie Edwards won the title and it was a really special feeling. It wasn't just a regular match and the only thing that made it special was the fact that title was on the line. Same goes for when Davey and and Steen won the title. Those were both huge moments that had been built up to for months. ROH doesn't hot shot their title and when you do get he title it really means something.

I'll be one to talk about how much I dislike ROH right now and how I hate virtually all the changes that they've made over the last couple of years (aside from Steen) but the one thing that has remained fairly constant over the years is that they keep the title prestigious.

I think Chikara is one it's way to making their title a really prestigious one but they do need to make a title change for it's prestige to really increase. Right now it's just Kingston's title and that's it. Now his reign has been good but I think it's time for a change if they really want to make that title mean something.
TaylorFitz is offline   Reply With Quote