Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #14746 (permalink)
Hayley Seydoux
Déesse de L'extase

Hayley Seydoux Hayley Seydoux Hayley Seydoux Hayley Seydoux Hayley Seydoux Hayley Seydoux Hayley Seydoux Hayley Seydoux Hayley Seydoux Hayley Seydoux Hayley Seydoux
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOLCOCK View Post
Be excited to see your thoughts on Superstars 2010. Masters was on a tear having great matches with Ziggler, Chavo, Mcintyre and numerous other guys. The Goldust/Regal series culminating in a great 13 minute match was an absolute treat and you even get a very good Mysterio/Gallows match as part of the Mysterio/Punk feud.

I personally love the Masters/Ziggler match built entirely around the Masterlock and Sleeper and how both men need to apply their submission to get the win. They build and work to both men's greatest weapon remarkably well for 2010 and its just evidence of how a simple and well worked match will always deliver. Masters comes close to out-bumping Ziggler as well off of memory.
I'm trying not to skip directly to the Masters/McIntyre match right now b/c I recall it being pretty superb. Masters as been on both of these first two editions and it has been fun seeing him work so far. I'm a fan. Carried Carlito to a passable TV match and had a fun bout with an otherwise vanilla worker in Ted Dibiase Jr. That was due to how much of the Masterlock was treated as a threat and with Ted being credible at the time, the fans bought into the action & got behind Masters to pull out the upset.

I'm on 1/14 atm and the main event upcoming is REGAL vs CHRISTIAN. So stay tuned to hear some potential

I'm already marking as it is thanks to the Finlay vs Knox match from 1/7. Not very long, but choice for what they gave us. I'm probably going to do a top 10 or 20 list when I cram all of these. 20 seems more appropriate since I KNOW I can come up with 20 matches from these shows that I dig. The final Superstars of 2010 has 3 that legit might make my list. (Usos vs Tatsu/Young, REGAL vs Smith, & Masters vs Reks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
Just curious but when did I ever make that suggestion? Was it in the past couple of pages or a while back in a similar discussion? I've used this technique for months but I don't recall talking about it out here... or maybe I did!
It was earlier today when you said you download them piece by piece. Or maybe you vaguely said it like that and I picked up on it quick. It was kind of subtle, but I took heed of it.