Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Is CM Punk Hall Of Fame worthy at this point in his career?

View Single Post

Old 01-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #98 (permalink)
KeepinItReal
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

KeepinItReal 501 - 1000KeepinItReal 501 - 1000KeepinItReal 501 - 1000KeepinItReal 501 - 1000KeepinItReal 501 - 1000KeepinItReal 501 - 1000
Default Re: Is Cm Punk hall of fame worthy at this point in his career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLY View Post
To those that say CM Punk will "definitely" get in the hall of fame, don't forget that politics play a part.

6 time champion Randy Savage hasn't been inducted nor has Bruno Sammartino.

Yet other far less deserving inductees have.
Savage's wife won't let him, Bruno doesn't want to be entered, and judging by Punk's reign I'd say Vince likes him. I think ppl aren't aware of the HOF's low standards. There used to be few world champions, but still, A LOT OF NON-WORLD CHAMPIONS are in the HOF. So, Punk's definitely in.

The question really is will he be one of the one or two guys who are the showcase guys for that class, to sell that yr's ceremony/broadcast. I'd say yes to this as well, frankly, cuz he's one of the two most popular guys of his generation (2011-???), but we'll see if Ziggler or somebody else enters that discussion as well. Still, will probably headline his class for business reasons, especially if Chicago hosts a Mania/HOF ceremony. WWE would love to milk that market, and they love Punk.
NJPW: Okada, Nakamura, Styles ROH: Briscoes, Fish and O'Reilly, Young Bucks
All-Time: Rock, Punk, Lesnar, Angle

Last edited by KeepinItReal : 01-19-2013 at 11:51 AM.