Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Tennis Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #3311 (permalink)
nazzac
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags

nazzac needs to take rep more seriousnazzac needs to take rep more seriousnazzac needs to take rep more seriousnazzac needs to take rep more seriousnazzac needs to take rep more seriousnazzac needs to take rep more seriousnazzac needs to take rep more seriousnazzac needs to take rep more serious
Default re: Tennis Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ88 View Post
Yeh I guess usually Del Potro is good when facing lower ranked players but someone like Murray, or Djokovic or Nadal would change their game up, disrupt Chardy's rhythm and work him out to make his big shots (like the forehand today) much less of a weapon. I think even with Chardy playing like he was today, one of the top three would have beaten him.

I think Jo will beat Gasquet, but as you said, in maybe three tight sets. Tsonga has been playing very well this tournament and is always a threat, it's weather he can keep it up, that's the question. Either way, I look forward to a hopeful Fed/Tsonga quarter final which could be great.
Yeah, Del Potro doesn't really have a plan B when plan A isn't working. He was lucky not to be straight setted earlier. Usually Plan A is good enough for him to beat players like Chardy, but not today. But what i noticed was Del Po's poor movement (worse than usual) and his shots didn't have as much power as usual. Strange performance from Del Po, but a good performance from Chardy. I agree that one of the players inside the top 3 (4 if you include Nadal) would most likely have beaten Chardy, but lets not forget that Chardy does hold a straight sets victory over Murray last year, so it would at least be a test for them.

I've been really impressed with Jo. Some of you guys were quick to write him off as a potential darkhorse, but so far (i mean so far. He could turn shit the next game. It is Tsonga after all) he's been impressive. His BH looks a lot more solid than usual. I hope he can get to the Quarters then he's reach the round i expected him to.

I'm stoked for Kie vs Ferrer tonight. Should be a good, fun and close match. Hopefully injuries don't play a part and we can see who the better player is on the day. I've predicted Kei to win because i hope he does, and i have a good feeling for some reason. No scoreline except from a battering either way will suprise me. It'll be clsoe either way

STAN DA MAN!!!