Wrestling Forum banner

Magnus Wants Major Singles Push in 2013

5K views 53 replies 35 participants last post by  Gareth Mallroy 
#1 ·
In an interview with The Sun, Magnus declared that his main goal for 2013 is to become a breakout singles star and compete with the top wrestlers in TNA.

"I think it is time I got my hands on a singles title. I really do think I need to be seen as a viable singles wrestler again in TNA. But it isn’t necessarily about the titles.

The main thing for me is to get TV time and work with some of the guys I want to. This is the year I hope to be able to wrestle AJ Styles, James Storm and Jeff Hardy. I’d also love to be able to have a match on PPV with Kurt Angle.

After all a belt is a belt, but to have a good match is what we are all in the business for."

hopefully this happens, the guy has everything to be in the main event and compete with the guys at the top. just a matter of time now. Hopefully TNA thinks the same and give him a major push.

#2 ·
He's a total package. If he doesn't get a title (at least the TV title) in 2013, he should go to WWE.

#7 ·
Magnus have everything needed to be a top star

TNA need to strap a rocket to him this year and push him to the moon, he's too talented to risk losing

Have him attack Aces and Eights on the first UK show and have him take the TV title on one of the shows as well, have him be a major part of the TNA fightback

#8 ·
If they decide they wanna push him too late, he'll be added on a long list. He deserves it and he's completely ready. It's also something we haven't really seen in this new era of wrestling (going back at least 15 years) with someone from the UK actually being THAT guy.

And with TNA doing taping over here (I expect this to continue), by the time next year comes..if he doesn't look like a star based on whatever push he should be getting when he gets back when the tapings are over here again, I don't know...

#10 ·
Not to while ago when magnus was still perfecting his work, people were saying he should be fired on the spot.
Funny how wrestling works. But I agree with the OP, this "non ex-ROH top indy talent" guy is kinda of talented so yeah, push him TNA. Not necessarily to a world title reign but I think the reason why devon got the tv title back was for magnus to get revenge on aces&eights.

#11 ·
Magnus is 26. Needs to calm down. Guy is a great all around talent but I don't see the main-event level in him. He's bland.

I doubt he's getting pushed though even if he does have a great match with Kurt Angle. TNA already made one of their greatest mistakes in dropping the ball with Desmond Wolfe.

#53 ·
Magnus is 26. Needs to calm down. Guy is a great all around talent but I don't see the main-event level in him. He's bland.

I doubt he's getting pushed though even if he does have a great match with Kurt Angle. TNA already made one of their greatest mistakes in dropping the ball with Desmond Wolfe.
In hindsight not pushing him was the right decision, the guy was let go because of his injuries and Hepatitis B so really you can't fault TNA for not pushing him.

#12 ·
If you decide to push him, just commit to him, don't make him win 1 week lose 1 week or something, let him get on a roll.

#20 ·
Lol, his look is enough

Look at Ryan Reeves, guy is so fucking horrible, ugly as fuck, no mic skills, shitty ring worker, can't work over 5 minutes without being winded like a ten year old with asthma

At least Magnus is a decent ring worker and a good mic worker, obviously has the look

Just give him vignettes during the UK tour talking about Aces and Eights, talk about his training and hard work that he's been doing for so long, let him return on the second-to-last show, save Joseph Parks for major pops, challenge Devon to a TV Title match in a Steel Cage, win the strap in the UK, fans pop, it makes the title look more prestigious, a star is born.

:russo

#25 ·
Can't wait for Magnus to return. He was on fire before he went off to do that play. TV title would be great for Magnus, and he when he was fighting Joe he said that because of his good looks etc. he should be TV Champ, which would be a great little gimmick during his title reign. Great mic worker and his matches with Joe were very puro in style. Great to watch. The man looks like a champion, TNA should make him one this year.

#28 ·
yuji nagata blue justice shirt all over it.

#29 ·
That T is horrible looking...
Apparently the divide between WWE & TNA ratings wise here in the UK is much smaller, I have a feeling TNA may even be more watched.... Why not capitalize by featuring a brit more?
They already do great on their live shows attendance here, 7-9 months of Magnus being TV champ followed by a feud and a gimmick title match at a UK PPV

#40 ·
They do to a certain extent. Magnus is virtually bolted on to his stool on XPlosion - he gets a lot of coverage on the non-US product like Xplosion, British Boot Camp etc. In fact, if you look at that old "wrestler appearance win/loss" thread, Magnus actually made a lot of appearnces on Impact in 2012 - he was surprisingly about 5th or 6th on the roster, if I remember correctly (in terms of TV appearances). It just doesn't seem that way as he's never in a lengthy feud and is rarely involved in a storyline.

#31 ·
Shocking moment lol

So when I was looking up TNA history, I saw some stuff about Trytan and I thought he was cool, I watched his 1 match in history and noticed his theme sounds quite similar to somebody's.

Skip to 1:50 and listen closely

:lmao Dale Oliver

Also in that song is Monty Brown's theme song, later used by Amazing Red. Man, all that talk about Jim Johnston, who needs him when you've got Dale Oliver?

#38 ·
Shocking moment lol

So when I was looking up TNA history, I saw some stuff about Trytan and I thought he was cool, I watched his 1 match in history and noticed his theme sounds quite similar to somebody's.
Ha, well spotted. I don't think Magnus' theme suits him at all. Those first two screechy chords or whatever they are really are quite an offensive noise.

#32 ·
While you can say every wrestle wants a push, I do think Magnus deserves a bigger role, we get the dudes like Jeff Hardy are over with the fans, but TNA really does need to create new stars at the moment, Magnus pretty much has everything, just needs a good story line and we're set. I'm surprised they had the angle with aces and eights attacking him, the guy being British alone can make him a good heel in the states.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.