Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Is Punk's run as champ more impressive than Bruno's?

View Single Post

Old 01-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #27 (permalink)
Boygirl
Moron

Boygirl is being a bitchBoygirl is being a bitch
Default Re: Is Punk's run as champ more impressive than Bruno's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver-94 View Post
I was not around during Bruno's time so can't comment on it but I don't think Punk's run is impressive by itself. The booking has been crap and inconsistent. For instance, the finish at the Elimination chamber PPV (Jericho's elimination sucked), the finish against Daniel Bryan, the finish against John Cena, the finish against Ryback (although I defended this decision first but now it seemed like a last minute and not very well thought out decision because look at Maddox now) and the finish against his recent TLC match against Ryback was just predictable and the match didn't need to happen. All these finishes just sucked. The storylines have also sucked IMO. I.e. his feuds against Kane, Bryan/AJ, Jericho and Ryback have all been stale IMO. His other feuds have been alright, not horrible or bad. Just alright. Then there is the inconsistent booking of his character. He defends his title against big name wrestlers during his face run and gets booked as a brave babyface but two weeks later in his heel run, he starts complaining about the triple threat match at Summerslam. Not to mention that he gets booked as a chicken shit heel against Ryback. I know wrestling is scripted and that we mustn't take things seriously but why should Punk be afraid of a 'newcomer' like Ryback? Look at the big names Punk has beaten and look at the opponents Ryback has beaten. I don't know, maybe I'm just reading too much on this. Then he stands up to the Rock and has a brawl against him...
I agree. Just shows why CM Punk's current title reign is not an all-time best. The longevity of the rign may open up a lot of good feuds, but most of it has been a disappointment (including Punk/Bryan). Heck, I thought Orton's 2009 reign was better.

It will all change when he faces the Rock at the Rumble. Depending on the quality of the match and no matter who wins or loses, it will elevate this reign into a whole new level.
Boygirl is offline   Reply With Quote