Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Is it worth buying a Blackberry Playbook as a cheap tablet?

View Single Post

Old 01-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
GothicBohemian
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER

GothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a push
Default Is it worth buying a Blackberry Playbook as a cheap tablet?

I've been looking for something inexpensive to replace my current tablet, which finally gave up on digital life. It doesn't need to be anything amazing my phone has pretty much everything covered that I need when mobile it only has to be good enough for reading ebooks and toting around media files I want to use away from home.

I was thinking of picking up a 7-inch, 64gb Blackberry Playbook I saw for $150 CND. The biggest attraction for me aside from the cheapness is that it's keyboard compatible, since I wouldn't mind being able to use it as a very mini laptop instead of lugging around one of my behemoth-sized work ones. I also saw a 9-inch low end brand tablet at, I think, Walmart, for around $120 CND. It's a bigger screen, and closer to the 10-inch I have now, but I read on my phone all the time so it isn't like I need the extra inches. Then again, if reading is the main use it gets, maybe the size is a major plus. It isn't keyboard compatible, thou, and it lacks the quality extras of the Blackberry, but it's Android as opposed to RIMs software.

Or is there something better suited to my needs that comes low cost? I almost grabbed an ipad since I'm familiar with it, but I'd rather not waste money on Apple brand for no purpose. I'd poke around for a deal online but I can't be bothered waiting for someone to ship it here and would rather just grab one at a store tomorrow.
GothicBohemian is offline   Reply With Quote