Wrestling Forum banner

Backstage News On Flair & Miz

10K views 72 replies 61 participants last post by  COPkilla 
#1 ·
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...he_Miz_TNA_Trying_to_Get_Flair_Back_More.html

- Ric Flair is currently booked for the January 21st WWE RAW from San Jose, California and the January 22nd SmackDown tapings in Sacramento. The Rock is also booked for those two shows. Flair will leave for All Japan Pro Wrestling right after the SmackDown tapings.

Flair is still working on a per-night deal with WWE but could be signing something more solid soon. Believe it or not, TNA has sent feelers to Flair about coming back to their company and apparently they have been doing this since before their lawsuit against WWE was dropped this week.

Regarding Flair's segment with The Miz on Monday's RAW, it was designed to endorse Miz as a new babyface and to set up Miz using the Figure Four as his new finishing move. When he found out, Flair joked to Miz, "I hope they let you beat people with it because I never did."

Flair will likely be working with Miz again at next week's WWE TV tapings.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

#34 ·
And wats wrong with the skull crushing finale exactly :/ great finisher.

Never thought much of the figure 4 if miz applyed that to cena on raw he would have to have the hold on all week before cena taps

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

#35 ·
Flair joked to Miz, "I hope they let you beat people with it because I never did."
That might be the most honest thing that Ric Flair has ever said. Except for Chris Jericho. :lol

80% of the forum are also idiots who basically know very little about the wrestling business
Definitely can't argue that point! There's also a pretty big hivemind mentality on a lot of things. Bandwagon jumpers!

If he's "the future" of wwe looks like I'm making the switch to tna.
TNA's future will be Garett Bischoff & Wes Brisco.

#36 ·
I think the idea of Flair passing his finishing move on to someone is a really cool idea. One of the non shitty ideas WWE has had in awhile.

Of course. . .I do agree with everyone who says they wish he'd pass that move on to a better wrestler. Ziggler needs a better submission finisher than the sleeper which never works. Ziggler's got more potential than Miz. Sheamus could use a submission finisher too.

But I guess it's not a big deal. Miz isn't exactly terribke, and WWE must have some pretty big plans for The Miz if they're using Flair to get him over as a face. Bringing Flair back is a good idea. I was hard on how much air time he got before he was released last time, but I think the show needs him at this point. It needs all the spicing up it can get.

Flair will probably come at a pretty reasonable price and will do a lot of shows I'm guessing too. Why not? He's certainly more useful than a random jobber who no one gives a shit about.

Regarding Flair's segment with The Miz on Monday's RAW, it was designed to endorse Miz as a new babyface and to set up Miz using the Figure Four as his new finishing move. When he found out, Flair joked to Miz, "I hope they let you beat people with it because I never did."
lol

#37 ·
Why do people want Flair to be partnered up with Ziggler or pass the figure-four onto him? It makes zero sense with Flair being a face and Ziggler being a heel.

#41 ·
This is awesome.

I hope the dirtiest player in the game punts The Rock in the balls and gives him a nice shot.

#43 ·
They should've turned Dolph face instead of Miz and given him the rub from Flair.. Miz is a nobody. How pathetic is it that he was main eventing Wrestlemania 2 years ago as the WWE champion and now he can't even get over as a midcard face, and even with a rub from Ric Flair he got booed last monday.

#46 ·
For the LAST TIME the Figure 4 Leglock is NOT just Ric Flairs move!
Jesus Christ look at all the 12 year olds out there like OH FLAIRS PASSING HIS MOVE DOWN TO MIZ!!!!
its a BASIC wrestling move that has been used by TONS of wrestlers over DECADES! HHH HBK Bret Heart Chris Benoit Sting the list goes on and on and on and on Fuckin A i have see VAMPIRO use it before!!! flair aint passin down shit to the Miz

wow Miz finally learned a wrestling move that has been around since the days of AWA.... wow lets all get worked up!

#47 · (Edited)
I have no problem with Miz using the F4L but please, they need to stop presenting him as the "new Ric Flair" or whatever they're trying to do with him. He has no chance in that role(Not just him, nobody can do it today). I like Miz but give him his own act. If they want Flair involved with him, fine, but the better way to use Flair's abilities is to put him over on the mic as Miz rather than "passing him the torch". Great to hear that Flair is going to work all the shows in the next 3 weeks. Hopefully he signs a full time contract.

#60 ·
Ric Flair...

nuff said :lmao

#61 ·
this is a disgrace..

no not the fact the miz is using the figure 4 but in flair's own words, "good luck with it i was never able to beat anyone with it"

#TRUTH

...has Ric Flair ever beaten anyone with the figure4?! and then to see it on smackdown make someone submit when the miz used it for the 1st time

#facepalm

#69 ·
It actually made me facepalm (though it did make me laugh as well) when Flair said that. Yes, he's actually beaten a LOT of wrestlers with the figure-four. One of the most notable ones was in an "I Quit" match against Terry Funk at Clash of the Champions. So it was really a bit of self-deprecation on Flair's part despite it not being true.

Reactions: CharliePrince
#62 ·
I do agree that Flair should be paired with Ziggler, not Miz.

The people bitching and moaning about The Miz having the figure four make me laugh, it was never exclusive to Flair. You cannot win with some people; they'll bitch and moan saying 'The Miz can't wrestle', then when he tries to expand his move-set for more interesting matches they'll bitch and moan that he's doing the wrong moves.

#63 ·
Oh christ almighty, of all the people for Flair to endorse. Miz is a perfectly fine midcarder at best, but we saw how horribly out of place he was in the main event.

If WWE wants to properly deploy Flair as legend and current insane person ready to give a rub to someone, it should be given to a guy with actual main event potential. The Miz is not that guy.

#66 ·
In my opinion it shows how poor the business is right now when both TNA and WWE try to use Ric Flair to put over someone more.

Miz is not the guy. We saw how horribly out of place he was when Rock first came back and started going at it with Cena. Miz didn't look like the champion then, he looked like the third wheel. Now they want to try and put him over as a top babyface? Come on...

Miz using the figure four leg lock doesn't bother me, but them thinking Flair putting over an average midcarder could be the answer to their problems is laughable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.