Wrestling Forum banner

Diva's divison at all time low: Down to 10 female wrestlers on main roster

6K views 68 replies 52 participants last post by  TripleG 
#1 ·
With the loss of Eve, I would just like to point out that there are only 10 Diva's left on the main Roster. 10. Half of which are being used as valets. At this rate there's risk of the diva's divison going extinct. I mean like the dinosaurs. Let's take a look at the women we have left

AJ Lee -

Well this ones not going anywhere. Easily most over diva on the roster, was well liked, and they turned her heel. I think a babyface AJ winning the diva's title for the first time at Wrestlemania would have/could have been a big moment for her. Now I have no idea what there going to do with her, she's directionless. IMO the pair up with Ziggler is hurting them both. I like Ziggler and I like AJ, but I hate Ziggler and AJ. If you know what I mean.

Aksana -

Not very good wrestler IMO. Doesn't get much TV time. Directionless at the moment.

Alicia Fox -

Hasn't been seen on TV for months. (At least I havnt, but could have missed it somewhere or just not remembered because she's so forgetable)

Cameron -

Valet for Funkasaurus. (How the fuck do you spell that again?)

Kaitlyn -

Has been noted that she's green in the ring besides being YOUR DIVAS CHAMPION.

Layla -

Lost the title and has since been put on the back burner. Barely showcased in matches on raw or smackdown.

Naomi -

2nd valet for the funkman.

Natalya-

Probably the most technical sound diva on the roster, and has since been given a farting gimmick and paired with the circus clowns, Khali and Hornswoggle

Rosa Mendes -

Valet for Primo/Epico. Hardly ever has matches.

Tamina Snuka -

Decent worker but they hardly use her at all either.

Where can they go with a roster like this? I expect some NxT diva's to be called up soon. Maybe some knockouts will quit/contract expire and come to WWE now that the TNA lawsuit is up. there's only 2 divas out of 10 that are currently involved in some sort of storyline (Katilyn, AJ). About half of them are garbage in the ring, which in turn could be one of the reasons why no one cares to see Divas matches anymore. There is simply nothing to get invested in. No reason to care. The closest thing we had to a divas storyline last year was the Eve/wig conspiracy and even that was half-assed. Will WWE ever get their shit together and start focusing on rehabing the divas division?

See less See more
#10 ·
This would work. I was a huge divas supporter, this is by far the worst crop of divas they ever had. The ones that actually could do something are in the shadow, I say get rid of them (or keep them as managers) and bring real talent to that lackluster division. I thought that with Sara Del Rey training we would have amazing matches, but it is actually far worse. (or is she only training the nxt divas?)

Bring Paige to the main roster PLEASE

#24 ·
This company, I don't get it. They had plenty of talented female workers and personalities in the past, people like Molly Hardy, Jacqueline, Ivory, Chyna, Victoria, Mickie James, Michelle McCool, Gail Kim, Beth Phoenix etc. They know at LEAST 3 of them were bonafide draws that people cared about: Chyna, Trish Stratus, Lita.

If I was :vince I'd be pissed at all the money we are leaving on the table. Especially with the last decade having so much more girl and women involvement in sports, to have the Divas Division in this sad state is just leaving a shit ton of money on the table. We don't have top tier Divas talent with merchandise? We don't have a Diva luchador to move masks? We don't even have a fuckin' shirt for these people? Half of 'em don't even wrestle when we need content for 3 hours of RAW, 2 hours of Smackdown, NXT, Superstars, Saturday Morning Slam, Main Event AND a weekly PPV?

:vince2

What is this company thinking?

#49 ·
The Diva's division is in a period of transition right now. It is not the worst it has ever been. The WWE tends to cycle talent through as it seems they are unwilling to pay very much for women wrestlers. I don't really like to see a attractive athletic woman like Eve leave. In my opinion she is what the WWE should want all the Diva's to be like instead of getting models and later training them in wrestling. Like so many I could name. Some have said that Kaitlyn is green as hell and is a bad sign for the future. Well there is some truth to that but I think the WWE is trying to build up their newer Diva's to try to get them to forget the ones that left reciently. Kaitlyn kind of reminds me of John Cena. She is not the best technical wrestler but she has strength and power. I also think Paige should be brought up to the main division ASAP.

#2 ·
More than enough diva`s to fill the 5 mins from 3 hour show.

#15 ·
Exactly, don't go to Burger King and expect a 5 star meal. Original poster had deluded aspirations in crying about the state of women's division in WWE. These girls make more money than most of the male roster - Kelly Kelly is a millionaire at the time of her leaving - Tyson Kidd is far from one. Divas don't want or need your sympathy OP. Get with the script.

#16 ·
They should do an angle where the Diva's recognize that there's no talent, that they shouldn't be used as valets or eye candy. Rise up and revolt. Disrupt all the matches, use chairs and weapons and just start to own the WWE. The men recognize this and start to realize the women are equals.

Wait, who am I kidding? Bring back bra and panties matches.

#23 ·
As I said in the Eve quit thread, they've lost 6 divas in the past year (The Bella Twins, Kelly Kelly, Beth Phoenix, Maxine, Eve) and they haven't called up a single new diva to replace them. That tells you everything about how much WWE care. And I don't care either, and I'm surprised there's still 10 divas on the roster, I thought there was like 6 or something. The divas division is at and all time low, but it's been going downhill for years so it's not surprising where the division is at now.

#26 ·
When AJ wins the divas title, will she ever actually lose it?

I mean I suppose she will but no one will care.

They need to build someone else up to the level they've built her up to. The other women can do what she does, kiss, scream, yell, skip. If that's what they want for some reason they can do that too.

So they have to or AJ will win the divas title and hold it for years. And I'm not joking either. She'll hold it for years. I don't mean consecutive, but I mean the way Cena had about 6 or 7 reigns in 2 years. Same thing. She'll hold it for 8 months, lose it for 2 months, then win it back and hold it again for 8 months. THAT is the way to permanently destroy the divas division.

#27 ·
The divas division hasn't mattered since 2007. It's why the Women's title was retired so as not to disgrace its lineage, rather, create the butterfly to make a joke fo a division from.

If they were serious about the women, they could easily fix it (reduce the rollup victory tag matches, give them matches longer than 2 minutes), promote developmentals (Paige, Audrey) and make it interesting. However, they won't, as nobody really cares for the division, so it will continue to function how it has been.

#29 ·
I say just put Vickie Guerrero in some spandex and put her in a title match. Problem solved.

#32 ·
Even in it's 'prime' with the likes of Trish, Lita, Victoria etc the division was never all that popular. Just let the contracts of the current divas expire and then cancel the division. Showcasing a completely talentless female division is more sexist than not having one at all.

#37 ·
I can't with people saying "no one cares about the divas division" when CLEARLY you wouldn't have so many of us upset about the current product, if we didn't. Anyway, it's so frustrating that WWE really doesn't seem to care about those of us who do actually enjoy the division.

They have sooooo many places they could take the divas inside the WWE! Why host these NXT contests all to make them turn out to be pointless?!? I almost wouldn't mind a diva Search at this point because at least THEN they try to put on a front like they're "wanting to build a division"

My idea: bring in maybe 5+ female wrestlers, have them do a diva search storyline with it all turning out to them being regulars and they compete in a tournament for the title.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.