Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#6,143 ·
Re: #lolKings

There goal should be to create long term stability in the franchise though. To win multiple years and get in a position to win a championship in a few years. Not create a team with a ceiling of first round exit.

EDIT: @UDFK Shabazz isn't the second ranked player...If available, I see Washington taking Porter before Shabazz...

#6,145 ·

There goal should be to create long term stability in the franchise though. To win multiple years and get in a position to win a championship in a few years. Not create a team with a ceiling of first round exit.

EDIT: @UDFK Shabazz isn't the second ranked player...If available, I see Washington taking Porter before Shabazz...
so once again you're thinking black and white. NOT EVERY TEAM CAN BE A CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER nor do I believe they have any player at the moment that can even be the centerpiece of such a team so I don't see them ever reaching/winning the championship with Wall has their main guy. They've been thinking about the long term for years, at some point you need to think about the present and being the bottom 5 of the league every year isn't where you want to e.

I don't know what the rankings are, I was just simply saying they can their forward this year rather than tank next year to do it. Basically I was just questioning why you think they need to tank to get a position that they could easily get this year.

#6,149 ·

They can get a much better forward in the 2014 draft is what I'm getting at.

Whatever, I get the whole needing to win for the fans stuff but long term, for the franchise's chance of winning anytime in the next decade, one more TANKING would be helpful.

#6,151 ·

The Wizards don't have time to continue tanking. They're at the point now where it's not about being a contender immediately. They've been missing the playoffs for so long, right now their goal is just to make the playoffs. I'm sure when they first started tanking they had the whole "longterm, build a contender" mentality but that ship has sailed. Expectations have gone down. Their fans are starting to leave, at this point you need to just put out a team that can win some games out there. After you've been losing for so long, something's gotta give.

#6,189 ·

The Wizards don't have time to continue tanking. They're at the point now where it's not about being a contender immediately. They've been missing the playoffs for so long, right now their goal is just to make the playoffs. I'm sure when they first started tanking they had the whole "longterm, build a contender" mentality but that ship has sailed. Expectations have gone down. Their fans are starting to leave, at this point you need to just put out a team that can win some games out there. After you've been losing for so long, something's gotta give.
The fans have basically stopped caring about the Wizards. The owners don't feel like winning and it shows with their asinine trades.

#6,153 ·

These scrubs need to make a fucking shot and stop passing to each other unnecessarily. Dammit Chicago. Terrible FG% tonight. Defense was playing well, but you can't win if you don't make a shot. Very disappointing game.

#6,159 ·

That wasn't cool how the Bulls fans started cheering when it looked like LeBron got hurt.

I don't care how much I dislike a player, I just can't see myself celebrating someone getting injured.
I agree. So disrespectful. :StephenA

But really, no one should boo or cheer someone getting hurt. It is fucking pathetic, whether they are a star on a rival team or not.

#6,156 ·

^^is wwf adding shit to that sig. :lmao

"It’s frustrating to see my brother play his heart and soul out for the team and them not put anything around him,"-Rose's brother.

Noah and Deng play with heart and soul whilst playing with injuries, D-Rose doesn't play at all. that ..... needs to shut up. :kobe

#6,163 ·

I see :side:

I may have read those mocks that have Porter over Shabazz a bit ago. Regardless, I don't see Shabazz being the 1st or 2nd pick which washington likely will have. Unless they trade down. Which they should do if they plan to reach at 2.

#6,165 ·

Tbh I think Washington would be better off drafting Porter instead of Shabazz. No need to draft Shabazz with Beal on the team.

Or better yet, draft that certain big man from Maryland who I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention him by name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.