Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#6,031 ·
Re: #RossIsBoss

RIP, Dr. Buss.

They did a tribute to him in the pregame. Kobe said some words and they had his seat in the spotlight.

The one stat that amazed me... 16 Finals in 34 years of ownership. That is nearly half. That's flat out incredible and may never be duplicated again by any owner ever.

The Lakers played inspired basketball and blew out the Celtics. It was only a couple of weeks ago when the Lakers got blown out in Boston. They returned the favor in LA.

The Lakers are only 3 under .500 right now with 27 to play. Anyone saying they have no chance to make the playoffs are flat out wrong. The Warriors are 4-6 in their last 10. The Jazz are streaky at best. The Rockets have been playing excellent ball lately but have been prone to bad streaks.

I've been watching a lot of Lakers basketball this season. Even with everything that happened so far, it still feels like they are a click away from getting it together and being instant title contenders.

#6,036 ·
Re: #lolKings

ESPN Trade Machine's win/loss projections are lulzworthy.

Pretty sure they said after the Rudy Gay trade that Toronto would be worse.

Woj says the Hawks & Bucks are in discussions about a trade centered around Monta Ellis & Ekpe Udoh for Josh Smith & Devin Harris.

#6,038 ·

I've also read that Ellis is not part of the discussions. Not sure.

I can't see it being a second for Crawford. Only reason it would be is if Boston was going to have a pick in the 20s and that's not likely.

#6,040 ·

Teams seem to be shying away from Reddick now. I'm guessing because there's competent guards at the end of team's benches that can be had for much cheaper.

#6,042 ·

Looks like the Celtics are shopping Fab Melo for a wing scorer. I'm sure Fab and a 2nd could net a Jordan Crawford or Marshon Brooks. I'm not that high on the both of them but they'd give us some much-needed depth with our wings. Plus Fab Melo is the worst NBA player I've ever seen.

The Spurs seem to still be interested in Redick.

Only 3 hours left in the deadline. Probably won't pick up until the last two hours or so.

#6,044 ·

Milwaukee & Detroit are out for Redick.

There's still a chance Milwaukee swoops back in, if they trade Ellis.

The Mavs are also interested in acquiring Beno Udrih, but the Bucks are gonna wait it out to see if they might need Udrih in a package for Josh Smith before attempting to deal him there.

#6,051 · (Edited)

Imagine the craziness of Smith being traded to the Bucks. The Bucks only other game this week is Saturday, against the Hawks.

EDIT: Thunder has traded reserve point guard Eric Maynor to Blazers, a source told Y! Sports. I guess Lillard needs a backup.

#6,052 · (Edited)

Eric Maynor traded to the Blazers for a trade exception.

J.J. Redick will be traded in a three team trade that will involve Orlando, Milwaukee and another team.

Edit: Looks like the third team is Atlanta and Josh Smith will be going to the Bucks.

#6,053 ·

Fuck the Wizards, Ted Leonsis, and Ernie Grunfeld.

I'm jumping back on the HEATLES bandwagon like I did last year during the playoffs.

Barbosa's out for the year, right? If that's the case, then the Wizards just traded a decent player for a player who is NEVER going to set foot in the Verizon Center, much less play for the team.

Ownership doesn't have a plan. Leonsis doesn't know the first thing about running a franchise and Grunfeld has been awful for years.

#SaveUsDanSnyder

#6,054 · (Edited)

Ok now Stein is saying the deal doesn't include Josh Smith going to Milwaukee.

Hopefully this gets explained soon.

Ok Atlanta is out of the three-team deal, just Orlando and Milwaukee. J.J. Redick to Milwaukee it is.

J.J. Redick for Doron Lamb, Tobias Harris & Beno Udrih. Josh Smith will remain with the Hawks.

Edit: Yeah GOON, Barbosa tore his ACL a couple weeks ago, out for the season. And is an upcoming free agent too so he'll probably never play a game for the Wizards.

It's funny because the offer was originally Fab Melo and a 1st round pick for Crawford but they preferred an injured player who will never play for the franchise.

#6,060 ·

It's funny because the offer was originally Fab Melo and a 1st round pick for Crawford
Are you serious?

Vinny Cerrato is no longer the worst GM in DC sports history. At least he was trying to win.

Fuck Ted Leonsis too. He's run two franchises into the ground now.

#6,055 ·

So J.J. Reddick is the biggest name player to be traded this deadline? How disappointing. Houston definitely won in trades this year with the Harden trade before the season and the Robinson trade last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.