Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#6,114 · (Edited)
Re: #lolKings

Crawford isn't much more than a chucker. What exactly else does he bring besides shooting jumpers at a low percentage. Everyone just looks at a scoring spurt he had last year when no one else could score and he was doing that at a sub 400 clip. He's nothing special.

Defence is below average too.

EDIT: I believe I mean 2 years ago, not last year.

#6,116 ·

Crawford is a scorer, that's what he does. He's not gonna have a major role in Boston. He'll only play like 15 minutes a game this season, if even that much.

And he isn't going to be able to chuck in Boston like he did in Washington or else he won't play. Doc isn't gonna allow him to play that type of game with the Celtics. Only person he lets chuck freely is Pierce.

#6,117 ·

Lulz, I don't know why everyone keeps saying Crawford for Barbosa. Barbosa will never play for the Wizards. It's Crawford for not having Crawford anymore.

#6,118 ·

Is Crawford really a scorer? He's playing 26+ minutes, not 15. Any guard in the NBA would score as many points as he does if they took as many shots. Probably more considering his percentages are below league average for his position. It's the percentages that are concerning.

#6,119 ·

Jordan Crawford is not gonna be playing 26+ minutes in Boston. He'll be playing 15 minutes a night at best.

He'll be more disciplined in Boston than he was in Washington. He's not gonna be able to just chuck up as many shots as he wants in Boston or else he'll get pulled out of the game. He's gonna be pretty much forced to improve his shot selection and take smarter shots.

#6,120 ·

Sure, but what makes him better than any other mediocre guard in the NBA? Is he a scorer? Well sure he scores when he takes a lot of shots, as anyone would. In which case we might as well say pretty much every SG in the league is a scorer.

#6,121 ·

He's an average SG. That's what he is. Scoring seems to be his best attribute which is why I called him a scorer.

For the season he's averaging 13 PPG on 51.2% TS which is pretty much average efficiency for an NBA player, it's not like he's been terribly inefficient.

#6,125 ·

That's because he doesn't shoot that many FT's. His true shooting percentage is basically your average shooting efficiency for an NBA player. Which means he isn't having a terribly inefficient season. It's easy to just look at raw FG attempts.

Your beloved Rudy Gay averages 18 points on 17 shots, so do you consider him an awfully inefficient player?

#6,128 ·

I said it was a good trade for Toronto, and it still is.

He's still inefficient. At no point have I said otherwise. Fortunately he does far more than shoot inefficiently. Probably why Rudy is where he's at and Crawford is where he's at.

#6,129 ·

yeah I remember saying DeRozan, Bargs, and Gay are all inefficient and Champ(possibly JM) disagreeing with me. :kobe

and a guy that doesn't get to the free throw line is inefficient. you don't just say he doesn't get to the line so his numbers aren't that bad, getting to the line is part of a scorer's role as it makes them more efficient. there's a reason they're called FREE throws for everyone except Dwight and there's a reason teams will foul him allowing him to get 1 point per possession as that's below the league average in terms of points per possession.

#6,136 ·

I said they should be tanking, not that they will. They aren't there yet. They need a forward.
You're wrong. It's not as black and white when making a team that you can say "NEED A TRUE CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER AND IF NOT TANK" because you always have to keep in mind the state of the franchise, fan support, tickets, etc that has to do with revenue. They're been tanking for awhile like one of their fans said in the thread and you reach a point where fans simply stop caring. At this point they need to make the playoffs and do whatever possible in order to do that. If they're bad for another year or two they might do serious damage to their fan support that could potentially take awhile to repair. Tanking next year would absolutely be a terrible move for them and they know that, which is why they made some questionable trades in order to get the likes of Nene, Okafor, and Ariza. None of them are young and their contracts are all pretty terrible, but the Wizards know they have to make a team that can reach the playoffs, otherwise fans will simply stop caring altogether.

#6,134 ·

Yeah I think it's ridiculous to say that you need to shoot a bunch of FT's every game to be considered efficient. Crawford ranks 115th in FTA's per game out of over 400 NBA players and shoots the league average in true shooting percentage. Please quit acting like the guy is on Austin Rivers or Brandon Jennings level efficiency. And looking at raw FGA per game numbers isn't really a good way to determine who's efficient and who isn't.

But whatever it really isn't that big of a deal. This is a low risk, high reward deal for the Celtics. They can only benefit from this trade. This is a guy that wouldn't even be in their rotation if the team was healthy and even with him in the rotation for the rest of the season, he won't be playing significant minutes. He won't get the same amount of touches as he did in Washington and won't be given the green-light to take as many shots as he wants like he did in Washington. This is a completely different environment for him.

#6,138 ·

^******. And they're probably going to get SHABAZZ this year or some other forward so why exactly do they have to tank next year?

Yeah I think it's ridiculous to say that you need to shoot a bunch of FT's every game to be considered efficient. Crawford ranks 115th in FTA's per game out of over 400 NBA players and shoots the league average in true shooting percentage. Please quit acting like the guy is on Austin Rivers or Brandon Jennings level efficiency. And looking at raw FGA per game numbers isn't really a good way to determine who's efficient and who isn't.

But whatever it really isn't that big of a deal. This is a low risk, high reward deal for the Celtics. They can only benefit from this trade. This is a guy that wouldn't even be in their rotation if the team was healthy and even with him in the rotation for the rest of the season, he won't be playing significant minutes. He won't get the same amount of touches as he did in Washington and won't be given the green-light to take as many shots as he wants like he did in Washington. This is a completely different environment for him.
If you don't get free throws you're NOT being efficient. What don't you get about that? If a player averages zero free throws a game but shoots .495 percent(without hitting threes let's say) then that player would still be inefficient because the player is scoring less than a point per possession. Would you not agree with that? Free throws is what makes great scorers great because getting to the line is an easy way to get points.

#6,135 ·

I don't really care of the scenario this creates for the Celtics. This all stemmed for me from you saying the Wizards were one of the BIG LOSERS for deadline day, and I disagree.

#6,139 · (Edited)

I don't really care of the scenario this creates for the Celtics. This all stemmed for me from you saying the Wizards were one of the BIG LOSERS for deadline day, and I disagree.
I feel that they are.

They traded their best bench player for an injured player that won't ever play a game for them and one of the worst players in the NBA. You can bring up cap space all you want but what do they save in this scenario? 1 million? 2 million? This is the Washington Wizards we're talking about. They're not attracting any good free agent. Congratulations. You've saved $2 million that you can pay Austin Daye or Sundiata Gaines, the only players that would be willing to play for the Wizards.

@Showtime: You don't need to shoot a bunch of FT's every game to be considered efficient. That's stupid. Crawford averages 2-3 FTA's per game, that's pretty normal for an NBA player that's in a rotation. Especially one that's coming off the bench. You don't need to average 5 FTA's per game to be a good scorer or to be considered efficient.

#6,142 ·

Notorious it all has to do with points per possession. if you're getting below the league average(he might actually be at the league average) then that really isn't efficient, that's average. so at the very best he's average at scoring and free throws have a lot to do with that. Although I'm pretty sure he shoots below average in his FG% percentage and is average with his 3pt% so I don't even know you can say he's efficient as once again at best he's just an average scorer.

I don't really know how you can say they will probably get Shabazz.
perhaps because they have the second worst record in the league at the moment? :confused:

#6,141 ·

The Wizards play in the East. They could've probably made the playoffs this season if Wall & Nene were healthy at the beginning of the season.

I agree with Magic, they're at the point now where they can't really tank. They've been "tanking" for like 5 years now, something's gotta give. They've got show they've made out with something, at least make the playoffs. Hence why they traded for guys like Nene, Ariza & Okafor. At this point it's more about just making the playoffs than building a contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.