4) WWE Championship - Tables Match
John Cena(c) vs Sheamus ~ ***

5) World Heavyweight Championship - Chairs Match
The Undertaker(c) vs Batista ~ *1/2

6) Randy Orton vs Kofi Kingston ~ *

7) WWE Unified Tag Team Championship - Tables, Ladders, & Chairs Match
Chris Jericho & Big Show(c) vs Shawn Michaels & Triple H ~ *3/4​

Yikes.

~ Opener was trash. Christian is the man. Always will be. Especially during 2009. Shelton had already started to suck here and it showed. So many lame spots for the sake of spots. 5 minutes of this match took place outside of the ring for no reason whatsoever. Hated it. Glad Christian retained.

~ Decent to the point where I found Morrison vs McIntyre near above average range. Morrison didn't hit Starship Pain though. That certainly didn't help the match out. Solid enough neck work by Drew and Morrison's comeback gave me entertainment. It was only one of two matches from this show I got a kick out of seeing. Drew wins and beings his ride as IC Champ. oh how that feels like such a distant memory.

~ lol @ McTaker & Piggy James. moving on.

~ Alright, a GOOD match. Sheamus and Cena clobber each other for about 15 minutes. It's pretty entertaining. The moment the match started I began to commentate the bout like Dusty Rhodes. Screaming "clubberin" over and over again b/c it reminded me of that type of match he'd go nuts for. Good use of the gimmick and overall a good match that I still to this day enjoy. Finish was logical in letting Sheamus take the championship and not have Cena look bad in defeat against such a fresh face to the main event picture. Although it wouldn't have hurt Cena to do so either way. Still, I'll credit the company for some booking logic there. Sheamus winning the championship was such a :mark: moment for me.

~ UNDERTAKER VS BATISTA~! in a chairs match? FUCK. These never seem to work. No exception here. Completely blah with a laughable bad/illogical finish. Teddy Long doesn't like low blows in matches where people bash each other with chairs. :|

~ Seen one Orton match as the Viper seen them all. Seen on Kofi Kingston match seen then all. That's what you get here. Same ol same ol.

~ TLC match was BORING. With the men involved I expecting something fun. Especially from Show. Nothing. Stuff happens for about 20 minutes then Jericho dies and it ends. End of entire bad show. Ignagual TLC event was like a trainwreck. How 2010 managed to bounce back I'll never know.

Sheamus vs Morrison from TLC 2010 > everything on this show by a country mile + 3 of the oceans that cover this planet we live on. I'd recommend a pass.

#14,543 ·
Orton/Cesaro

This was a decent contest I though but not up to the standards of last week Ziggler/Sheamus match.I felt it was quite methodical at point and Orton in perticular looked like he was in slow motion , really didn't feel any zap or intensity in his offence. Some decent things in this match though such as a sick looking superplex and some smart limb worka from Cesaro using Orton's well know shoulder issues. Furthermore , I felt this added to Cesaro's angle with the Miz which I feel is getting a decent build for a US title match and its match I do want to see. Also felt the lack of a real finishing stretch hindered it as well. Still worth a watch. ***1/4

PTP/Uso's

Brad Maddox hops over the barricade to join Cole on commentary :lol . Just your standard tag team affair , Titus's whistle brings the heat lol . Wish these two were more prevalent in the tag team scene since they can both bring different things to the division. *1/2

I think Cole forgot to announce next weeks main event as he was too concerned with Maddox.

#14,544 ·
What is this CAL scale you guys have been using lately? From what I've been able to tell, you are giving and taking away points depending on the rating you give it, and anything below ** gets points taken away while anything above, receives points.

A good explanation would be nice though. Seems to be useful for giving a show an overall score. I always have trouble with that as I'm just picking a random number pretty much. Not sure if I'm entirely correct, but either way I'd need an explanation and I may even start using it.
The CAL SCALE was something I came up with in order to rank the 2012 PPV's at the end of the year. I gave points to matches depending on how good they were. It was basic as hell, but did the job nicely. KoK has messed about with it so it's a little more advanced, and I've changed it as well for my current RR reviews. My version looks like this:

The Cal Scale

NO = -1 (a "NO" match is a match that I simply cannot bring myself around to watch. So if I can't watch it, it gets minus 1 fucking point)
DUD-* = 0
*1/4-** = 0.5
**1/4-**3/4 = 1
***-***1/4 = 2
***1/2 = 3
***3/4 = 4
**** = 5
****1/4 = 6
****1/2 = 7
****3/4 = 8
***** = 9
MOTY/GOAT = 2 (This one all depends on how you are using the scale. Ranking all the PPV's would likely see you giving a match the MOTY award, whereas me reviewing all the RR events would allow me to use the GOAT award for the greatest Rumble match of all time. Can only be used once)

An example of me using it:

1992 Royal Rumble - 13.5

The New Hart Foundation Vs The Orient Express - ***1/2 - 3
The Mountie Vs Rowdy Roddy Piper - 1/4* - 0
The Bushwhackers Vs The Beaverly Brothers - NO - -1
The Natural Disasters Vs The Legion of Doom - ** - 0.5
30 Man Royal Rumble Match - ***** GOAT (imo the greatest Rumble ever so it gets the 9 points for being 5 stars, then 2 points for being the GOAT Rumble match, as I'm doing a list of all the RR's) - 11

#14,545 ·
The CAL scale is beast. Cal, post your GOD DAMN 2002 Rumble review will you ? I'm fucking bored and I need to read a review that's not complete bullshit like everything on 411, Youtube, WWEDVDNEWS, and the like.

DA BROCKTAGON could be coming back to the WWE but apparently isn't going to work with Taker at Mania due to Brock's style being too PHYSICAL. I don't buy it whatsoever and It's either Taker or Rock for Brock at Mania. Would he have came back unless he was going to get a big time money match like that.

That opening Survivor Series BONUZ tag was actually pretty good. Loved how strong they made KIDD look, as he got TWO ELIMINATIONS. I'm in the middle of ** 3/4 - *** right now and I'm torn apart deciding. Leaning towards the lesser ratings here on this one.

#14,548 ·
Cesaro/Orton didn't do much for me. It's actually a good example of why Orton isn't a good babyface worker. He's not good at drawing sympathy from the crowd or viewer when the heel is in control and he's even worse at making it seem like he had to work hard to make his comeback and get back into the match. Good babyface workers like Mysterio, Bryan, Cena, Christian and Sheamus know how to make their comeback offense look meaningful, like if they had to work hard to get back on the offensive. Orton just kinda hits a random move or counter and doesn't do much to convey any effort or desperation. In a way it shits on the heel's control work and Cesaro v Orton felt quite bleh to me because of it.

#14,551 ·

This upercutt, brilliant

#14,554 ·
Taker/Trips KOTR is SHIT. Like, SUPER SHIT.

Hurricane trying to hurri-slam both Austin and HHH in the 02 Rumble gets me everytime. Awesome little moment along with Taker and MAVEN. DAT POPCORN.

Lol, that was funny. *sigh* I miss Gregory Helms. :sad:

By the way, anyone see this Diesel poster guy? Shit, he's a bulls-eye and him being stupid doesn't help. I'm a fan of Nash's Diesel days but, keep that on the downlow man.

#14,555 ·
Undertaker vs Triple H - King of the Ring 2002
- Wow, maybe I should've listened to you guys instead of laughing. This is just comical. So many errors with this, I don't know where to start. Goes on for way too long and during the first 15 or so minutes, this is boring as shit. Slow as fuck and both men look exhausted. That Spinebuster by HHH looks like it was done by a midget. Absolutely no elevation whatsoever. Then the ref bump happens and shit gets comical from there on. The Rock randomly comes out and finally saves us from Heyman's annoying Brock Lesnar fellating but the ref bump itself is comical. Probably lasted more than their WM17 match and that says a lot. The second ref comes out and HHH kicks out of the move Taker performed on him so Taker comes out with one of his best attributes as a heel and that's assaulting referees when he gives the second ref a right haymaker knocking him out of the ring. Outside the ring the comedy continues as Taker suddenly hits The Rock with a big boot and the interference overbooking starts from there as Rock lays Taker out with a Rock Bottom. Both men lay around and hit a finisher or two while the ref plays dead some more then Taker lowblows HHH and wins with the longest roll-up in history. THIS. WAS. HILARIOUS. FOR. ALL. THE. WRONG. REASONS. ★¼

Eat your heart out, Cal. :p THIS MATCH EXISTS!!!!!!

#14,557 ·
Just watched "The Rise and Fall of ECW" for a bout the third time. Damn I miss this company.

It really was the right place at the right time though. Music was getting that bit edgy/grungy type and WWE were at that stage where they really were catering for kids. WCW wasn't really there yet and well ECW was catering to a new society. If ECW was around today it would be absolutely shat on, just due to society. It's the same with the Attitude Era, there is no way in absolute hell it would draw the numbers it did in the 90s

#14,558 · (Edited)
Empty Arena Match for the WWF Championship: The Rock (c) vs Mankind
★ ★ ★ ★ 1/2​

I haven't seen this match in ages but came across my Mick Foley "Hard Knocks & Cheap Pops" DVD and decided to pop it in...very enjoyable set but this match in particular is what I wanted to see.

Man this joint is gold.

Vince doing commentary, Rock doing in-match commentary both were awesome. Its so interesting because you can hear everything they say clearly. To that point Vince goes on a tangent about what WWF is and I don't want to take away from the match but its an important thing to me he said: "your watching action adventure, that's what the WWF is- soap opera. Its Road Runner, elements on 'One Life To Live', its like Hollywood and Broadway and all points in between". Man that's an interesting description of your product. As for Rock's commentary ("you look like 10lbs of monkey crap in a 5lb bag", singing about Jack Daniels) is fuckin' hilarious. The talking alone is level entertainment.

The match was essentially a falls count anywhere contest with no crowd. Mankind took a pretty good beating and gave the Rock a lot of material to work with to get himself over. Mankind attacking a Rock with a giant bag of popcorn pretty much the highlight of his offense, but this match and other Mankind matches are about how much punishment he can take and continue to fight.

The finish was very creative, so was the camera work during the sequence. Of course looking back on it, it looks incredibly staged and that takes away from it a bit but I think it was the best way for Rock to lose and keep credibility. It was also a moment of Mankind outsmarting Rock instead of always being the one outsmarted.

Very entertaining match from a perspective of bringing together a lot of different elements such as comedy, the illusion of improvisation, intensity and good stuntwork (and selling) by Mankind.​

#14,560 ·
Rock/Mankind Empty Arena was a hell of a ride, had tons of fun watching it, especially considering the circumstances.

I'm throwing star ratings for one of my personal favourite shows, No Mercy 2006:
Gregory Helms vs. Matt Hardy - ***3/4
Londrick vs. KC James & Idol Stevens (D-Sandow)- ***1/2
MVP/Jobber - DUD
Taker/Kennedy - **3/4
Rey/Chavo - ***1/4
Benoit/Regal - ****1/4 (might be overrating the match that 1st really got me into wrestling)
Fatal 4-Way - ***1/4

Looked shitty on paper but given how awesome SD was in 06, that meant nothing. For fans of stiff and bloody pure wrestling wars, Benoit/Regal is a must-watch, really underrated I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.