Wrestling Forum banner

Edge Gives An Update On His Health - Details

3K views 23 replies 23 participants last post by  Viperdk 
#1 ·
Edge was recently asked about his health post surgery on Twitter and noted that he will be back to mountain biking and fully working out in 2 months, but that he still has no plans to return to wrestling. Here is what he posted…

Listen to your doctor. They've made huge advancements in spinal surgeries. I'm back at full workout and mountain biking in 2 mths

No, big difference from working out to wrestling. Again and I repeat it was 4 everyday life

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/12968/edge-gives-an-update-on-his-health-details

#10 ·
you'd think that Edge has made enough money to retire permanently by now

#22 ·
Who said he is coming back and hasn't earned enough to retire?

Edge has had a great career that took it's toll and I bet he misses it less and less as the weeks pass due to his health.

Good on him saying no and not getting peoples hopes up.

#15 ·
Edge was amazing, but Adam Copeland must be applauded for fitting into normal life so well. The footage I've seen of him post wrestling he just seems so darn happy. Good for him I say.

He would make an amazing GM though, without a doubt. He'd be like Foley in 2000 with the perfect mix of serious / comedy. The problem is, he oculd only be ion the role so long before it requiring a manager bump, some physical interaction etc, which he has stated he will never do.

#16 · (Edited)
good for him! Glad to hear that Adam is feelin better, hope retirement treats him well!

He WILL come back to WWE trust me on that. Not to wrestle of course. But I can see him makin a few appearances. or maybe comin back for a storyline. but his in ring carrer is defiantly over. he cares about his health more than anything else so in that sense I applaud him for sticking to it unlike some *cough*FLAIR*cough*HOGAN*cough*. :vince

#17 ·
shawn michaels'injury was most likely a work and then again it's a back injury and edge has a NECK injury.

#19 ·
How was it most likely a work? I can understand it making a bit of sense to give Michaels some time off to get better, but at the point where Michaels was injured Vince was only just coming out of a huge recession period that nearly bankrupted him. He knew Stone Cold was big, but he had no idea how big it was about to come, he had no idea what the Attitude era really was going to be for him. Do you honestly think Vince would just sign Michaels away just like that when he needed to do a lot of catching up on the whole turning a profit aspect of his business?

#18 ·
He seems like such a genuinely nice guy. I am happy he got away when he could and that he still has his health and his savings.
I am glad that we won't likely see Edge go out like so many others - dying penniless in a sleazy motel. He deserves happiness and he deserves a peaceful retirement - after all the good moments he's gave us, he's earned it.

#24 ·
IF Edge were to ever come back, I could see it being as a Paul Heyman/manager type of role...or as a General Manager. As a wrestler..he's done. Not worth the risk of his health...especially with his neck being the prime location of his injuries.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.