Wrestling Forum banner

WWE and ESPN working together?

2K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  COPkilla 
#1 ·
I'm not sure how many of you watch ESPN, but there is a show that comes on 10 am called First Take. I can't lie, between the Herd, that's my favorite show, yet I noticed something since maybe early Jan, maybe late Dec. They have been plugging in The Rock in multiple segments such as "Skip raising his eyebrow like the second coming of The Rock", etc. I heard that almost everyday for a while from Stephen A Smith. I started to wonder, until I go on ESPN today, and right on the first page, they have POWER RANKINGS for WWE! Is this a coincidence, or something bigger?

#5 ·
ESPN is a work?

#6 ·
2 people who work for ESPN are from WWE, so maybe they had some influence on it? Or ESPN is realizing how easy it is to obtain extra interest by plugging certain companies(in this case WWE).

lol, maybe ESPN will counter Fox(who has UFC on Fox) with WWE on ESPN lol. That'd actually draw more viewers(since UFC on Fox only gets like 3-4M viewers)

But like I said before, Disney owns ESPN, so maybe it's Disney who wants ESPN to mention WWE.

#7 ·
Yeah i was gonna say Coachman went to ESPN immediately after leaving WWE
and now Todd Grisham works there and can be seen certain mornings on SportsCenter, but ESPN much like WWE can either be the place of a lifetime to work for... or its a revolving door. so who knows if they will be around long

#8 ·
Oh God no, please do not encourage anyone to watch First Take. That show is hot garbage. Skip Bayless & Stephen A. Smith are the biggest trolls in the sports world today... this is the same show that gave us Rob Parker's "cornball brother" comments regarding RG3, mind you.

Now that I've said that, those buffoons could have a future in WWE, they're extremely good at pissing people off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.