Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Official BTB Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #3642 (permalink)
Flux
Fired by SCOTT STEINER

Flux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a push
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TantruM View Post
Kind of.

John Cena vs. Randy Orton would be more interesting to most than say Eugene vs. Colin Delaney. Who remembers that jobber?

But basically I feel what he's trying to say is that you can get so much more out of booking if you use characters that can be used rather than not using them. It's always good to have one or two hurt possibly in a gimmick so that you're not over rostered with big superstars, plus it makes for more story lines. I feel that if you have Mr. Kennedy, Kurt Angle, John Cena, Randy Orton, Kane, Big Show, Edge, The Undertaker, Batista, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, The Rock, and possibly higher mid carders like MVP, Rey Mysterio, and more then it would just be a better thing to have compared to say two of those. All those guys on one card is really overbooking it though, so when you see some of them gone that is my guess why.
I don't completely agree. As good as all of that talent may be, if all of the feuds are similar and there is very little in terms of character development, then I would much rather watch Eugene vs. Colin Delaney. I'd much rather watch compelling characters develop and adapt over the course of time than watch/read the same old guys having the same old feuds. It's not who you use, it's how you use them and how it all contributes to making the show as diverse and as entertaining as possible.

Look at Wolfy's use of Brent Albright and Charlie Haas, DDMac's use of Charlie Haas, Melvis' use of Jack Swagger. Are they on the same level as John Cena, The Undertaker and Ric Flair from a talent standpoint - Probably not, but because they've been used in an interesting and compelling way, with plenty of character development, some could argue that those characters are some of the best in BTB.

A bridge is a bridge - As long as it allows people to get from one side to another safely and efficiently, does it really matter how it's built? That's the best way I can think of simply describing what I'm saying.

Edit: I think I slightly misunderstood what you said, but whatever. I've still offered something to discuss.

Flux is offline   Reply With Quote