Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-16-2013, 07:05 AM   #6860 (permalink)
-Skullbone-
In Jericho, we trust

-Skullbone- better hope they're relatively new here-Skullbone- better hope they're relatively new here-Skullbone- better hope they're relatively new here-Skullbone- better hope they're relatively new here-Skullbone- better hope they're relatively new here-Skullbone- better hope they're relatively new here-Skullbone- better hope they're relatively new here-Skullbone- better hope they're relatively new here-Skullbone- better hope they're relatively new here-Skullbone- better hope they're relatively new here-Skullbone- better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillbergReturns View Post
Let me get back on point. Cattaloona said there's no point in Rock winning the title.

That's wrong. The point of Rock winning championship is building the legacy of John Cena. That is the only reason why Rock is winning the title. To further the Rock Cena feud.

We all know WWE isn't going to be able to rely on Rock, Taker, Triple H and possibly Austin much longer. WWE needs John Cena to be able to take that role. Punk isn't building the future. We all know he's retiring the second his run at the top is over with. He's only said it a million times.

I know you guys think John Cena doesn't need this but he does.
But Cena's had that role for some time now. In fact, it's that time where the company's searching for someone to fill the John Cena-esque face role for the future.

That's not to say I don't think they won't have Cena get his win back against the Rock. It would be bizarre, even by WWE standards, to think they'll miss the opportunity to have the current generation look inferior to the previous one and be so stark in their declaration of it.
-Skullbone- is offline   Reply With Quote