#1 ·
Top 5 streak matches imo -

1. Taker/HBK Wm 25
2. Taker/HHH Wm 27
3. Taker/HHH Wm 28
4. Taker/HBK Wm 26
5. Taker/Orton Wm 21.

#2,216 ·
Yeah, I was pondering in my head that when Taker leaves, not only that he will have an undefetead 20 something at 0 an Mania, but also one of the few if not the only one to have not been defetead at Mania. So, I was more wondering about the wrestlers that are retired/gone for good from WWE and not defeated and Mania. So yeah, RVD looks like is one of them, didn't know about his record.

#2,224 ·
Undertaker confirmed for Wrestlemania

PWInsider is reporting that the Undertaker is confirmed to face CM Punk at WrestleMania.
According to their report, Undertaker is expected to return shortly, possibly as soon as RAW this Monday night. Punk's promo this past Monday where he referred to himself as an "icon" was to set the stage for the match.
Finally we're going to see CM Punk vs. Undertaker, unless it's another unconfirmed rumor...

#2,225 ·
I am curious why so many people want the streak to end?

Firstly, you wouldn't have this epic 220+ page thread of speculation to post in anymore. At the end of the day is that not the payoff for the streak? To have people talking about it. The streak is pretty much the only thing that keeps me coming back to Wrestling every March/April.

Secondly, why do people think that ending the streak is going to propel the victor's career? What would anyone get for ending the streak? I mean, what could you do with them afterwards? Wrestlemania is considered the big boy of all wrestling events, and the Streak is synonymous with Wrestlemania. It's so big, that the match has on more than one occasion overshadowed the title matches as the main event.

Beating the streak is pretty much the pinnacle of the business. Even HHH said so. I've done everything in this business, but beat the streak. If you have some up and coming youngster beat Taker, how do you do it? They already did the match where he took 100 chair shots and 4-5 pedigrees and it wasn't enough. The excitement of the streak match is no longer about if the person will beat it, it's about to what ends they will pull out the stops to try and beat it. That's the excitement behind it.

Now, for Punk and Taker. This has the makings of a fantastic match. Punk has built himself up as this stable leader who's willing to call in the hounds to win the match. Imagine if we go back to Yokozuna days where Taker is facing the impossible odds of Punk and his cronies.

So here's the scene. Punk vs Taker. Brad Maddox is inserted in as the ref. to 'screw' Punk and get his revenge on Heyman.

-Punk enters the ring with Heyman behind him. Taker comes out with his usual grandeur and blows the watchers away with the entrance. Bell rings.
-Match starts typical Taker. Punk tries to overpower him and fails miserably. Maddox calls it right down the middle.
-Heyman starts to interfere and distracts Maddox, allowing Punk to cheat to gain the advantage.
-Taker rallies back and the match spills out onto the floor.
-Do the usual run around, maybe break a table, Punk with Heymans help comes out on top and 'injures' Takers knowingly bad shoulder.
-Match gets back into the ring. Punk carries on working on Takers shoulder, does the wrestling he does best, gets in Maddox's face.
-Taker does a comeback. Punk reverses and hits his finisher, Maddox looks doubtful but does the count, Taker kicks out.
-Queue Punk kneeling in the ring with hands on head moment.
-Punk goes to cheat some more. Taker turns it around. Hits Punk with Tombstone/Last Ride, goes for the pin.
-Maddox doesn't count and instead turns and smiles at Heyman.
-Right now the crowds going wtf. Beliefs already set in that the streak might end with an almighty screw job.
-Taker goes out on a rampage. Clocks out Maddox and Heyman
-Shield/Lesnar arrive and take out Taker, then start to try and rouse Maddox for the pin.
-Queue arrival of HHH/Ryback/Shamus/Jericho/whoever Shield probably beat earlier in the night.
-The face's beat the Shield away
-Maddox starts to come around and sees Punk covering Taker, starts the three count. Taker kicks out.
-Taker now comes back, takes down Punk, covers again, Maddox still refuses to count.
-Heyman gets on the apron and distracts Taker, allowing Punk to recover.
-Heyman reaches into his pocket and pulls out powder. Goes to throw it in Takers eyes. Taker dodges and it blinds Maddox instead, then knocks out Heyman.
-Maddox is writhing around while Punk rallies back on Taker.
-Punk sets Taker up for a tombstone of his own and calls for Maddox to get ready.
-Taker reverses the tombstone and delivers one of his own on Punk, and then collapses on top of him.
-Maddox thinks its Punk covering Taker, and counts the 1-2-3.

That's how I'd do the match, and I think it would be great, and then you set up Punk to turn on the Shield/Maddox/Heyman holding them blame for the lose, and open up the doors to return him to face which is arguably where he works better.

#2,229 ·
I am curious why so many people want the streak to end?
Because it's time! The streak has run its course now; there's nothing left to do. It's like Goldberg at Starcade 98'.. you've come a long way, but everything in life has to end.

Undertaker dropping the streak in his last match is much more interesting than Undertaker retiring at, say, 22-0. There's so much shock value in there. Imagine if some heel ends the streak: he'll be hated for life.

Everyone, casuals and hardcore fans, expect 'Taker to retire undefeated. Why not catch everyone off-guard and end it?

They say anything can happen in WWE. Well, prove it.

#2,230 ·
He wont be hated for life, in fact i think many would gain a respect for said person if he was a heel

and hate the guy if he was face

to put short they will do the oppsite ofe what they are sopoused to

Anything can happen? why not prove it by having a guy go undefeated his whole time at WM

#2,236 ·
Re: Undertaker confirmed for Wrestlemania

Punk vs Taker will be horrible. I read somewhere that Punk is pissed that he has to face Taker because he wants to main event at Wrestlemania. I don't blame him either, your top guy should be in the main event for the WWE Championship.

#2,238 ·

Punk vs Taker will be horrible. I read somewhere that Punk is pissed that he has to face Taker because he wants to main event at Wrestlemania. I don't blame him either, your top guy should be in the main event for the WWE Championship.
He didn't say that. He said he isn't interested in fighting 'Taker because the streak kills all the drama, with the outcome already being known.

Regardless, he has to do what he's told; like it or not, he will be a victim of the streak.

I don't like it. It's like they have no opponents for these 2, so they decide to throw them together for the hell of it.

#2,242 ·

There will be a wrestlemania this year! Punk and taker will be main eventing really as no other match on the card will be that great. Just like the last 5 or 6 years taker will steal the show.

Punk loosing isn't a bad thing if he performs well

#2,249 ·

I really dont understand all this burying bullshit. Every wrestler would love to go against Taker at WM, its an honor no burying...I really look forward to the match as it will be 10 times better than Taker/Brock...this can be Takers second best WM match after HBK/Taker...something to remember instead of being no3 in a match which should just be 1on1 :)

#2,253 ·

So people don't want this to happen because CM Punk has to lose?

I don't care, this will be awesome.

Agree. Everyone knows there is only one real threat left to the streak and that's Cena. No one else would even be considered to end it, not Punk, not Rock, not Brock)

Having said that the outcome is set in stone, I want Punk/Taker. I think they will work brilliantly together and Punk will certainly not be buried by losing! He was champ for 14 months, he's one of the two top guys in WWE (im not including Rock as he's not full time).

I don't watch Deadman matches in WM for the result ( I pretty much know he's winning until he faces Cena) but even so time after time the matches deliver and makes you wonder.....maybe maybe its not a foregone conclusion because of the quality of the match and storytelling. And it will be exactly the same with Punk

#2,252 ·

I bet Punk will be wishing he was in Cena's shoes next year then in Takers last match!! That's gonna be a spectacle to see. Talk about a UNpredictable match, wow... Gonna be a true nailbiter and completely unpredictable for once. Every year even when its predictable and obvious, theres always that little bit of unknown that makes it just suspenseful enough. I bet he cant stand Cena in all truth. The guy keeps getting to main event WM and now against the Rock twice, and is probably the one, if anyone, who gets to break the coveted streak next year. I personally think Taker will end up winning and going out with the streak intact, but damn its gonna be good. Why keep complaining though? At least we get to see Taker again this year. It was a close call.. All of yall who keep saying he needs to leave, your gonna shit when he is finally gone....

#2,257 ·

Cena's shoes next year then in Takers last match!! That's gonna be a
Dont hold your breath on that one, IF Taker can make it to WM30, but it depends on Vince/writing teams' booking, as we all know, stinks most of the time...

#2,262 ·
Why do people think that a loss to the streak is a bad thing?

The winner of the match is a foregone conclusion? So what? Because Punk was going to beat Rock at Royal Rumble, right? Because Rock will beat Cena and maintain the belt at Mania? Because Lesnar will go 2-0 against HHH? Hell, let's go as far to say that nobody saw that Cena was going to win the Rumble. I mean, there were 29 other possible people who could have won it, right?

The streak isn't about whether the guy will beat it. It's about to what end they go about trying to beat it. That's what makes the match so great. It allows the wrestler involved to pretty much display their entire arsenal of tricks to their fullest extent, which is why it's a way better match for Punk than a triple threat with Cena and Rock which we all know Cena would win anyway.

As for ending the streak, it should never happen. It may have been plausible in the first few years it was advertised, but now? Hell no. No matter what they do, the win will never be believable after the HHH match of 2011. And what does the winner do with the victory? What else is there for them? It's a once in a career victory that nobody else could ever replicate. All belts would mean nothing since whatever loss the character incurs they will always be able to just turn around and say, "So what, I beat the streak."

#2,264 ·
Still looking forward to takers return on Raw. Intrigued to see the promos between him and punk .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.