Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE's massive mistake in 2006

View Single Post

Old 01-16-2013, 01:06 AM   #94 (permalink)
11Shareef
Starbase Entertainment

11Shareef probably won't be missed11Shareef probably won't be missed11Shareef probably won't be missed11Shareef probably won't be missed11Shareef probably won't be missed11Shareef probably won't be missed11Shareef probably won't be missed11Shareef probably won't be missed11Shareef probably won't be missed11Shareef probably won't be missed11Shareef probably won't be missed
Default Re: WWE's massive mistake in 2006

I went into a wrestling coma after the invasion storyline and didn't return until the 2007 Royal Rumble, it was literally the first thing I remember watching. It didn't surprise me that guys like Edge and Rey Mysterio had became world champions in the time I was gone. Rey had been massively over before he even came to WWE, and was was the premiere crusierweight in WCW. Ultimately, I was more surprised Eddie had become a WWE Champion and Hall of Famer. Again, I had missed out pretty much all of my teenage years and Eddie had just been a mid-card heel, and before understanding heels and faces, I genuinely didn't like Eddie. That aside, I don't mind Rey getting a world title reign and a super push. What did bother my was the complete mismanagement of the dream card WM22 was rumored to be. By all accounts, Eddie would've won the world title as Batista took a break and geared up towards a heel vs a face HBK, not for a belt, I believe he would've lost it by then. With Eddie dead, his spot had to have been given to someone else, and Batista missed that year's 'Mania. I don't understand why Randy, who was booked as a title contender, couldn't have won the belt and faced Rey, while Taker and Angle put on a classic. I think the problem came with Orton not getting built up as a title holder quick enough, WWE wanting to push Mark Henry as the heel he finally ended up being in 2011, and Undertaker wanting Angle to break the streak.

#SmartenUp
11Shareef is offline   Reply With Quote