Wrestling Forum banner

Could a Live on TV Wrestlemania do better than a PPV (financially)?

• yah

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • nah

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • that's gay

Votes: 5 22.7%

A Televised WrestleMania?

777 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  dxbender 
#1 ·
What do you guys think of a televised Wresltemania, live on TV, instead of a PPV? Would it be a success?

I personally think having this Wresltemania or possibly Wrestlemania 30 live on TV could possibly be better than having it a as a PPV. Basically they would have to rely on advertising vs buyrates. I think it'd be a risk worth taking (after some hefty researching of course).

People will watch a Wrestlemania if they see advertisements for it and it has the Rock, and it might even do better than as a PPV.

#2 ·
Re: A Televised Wresltemania?

I think it could be a very good for wwe considering its long term effects. WWE should advertise that WM like hell using slogan like " Wrestlings own superbowl now on FREE TV" etc. If they did that marketing right they could get lots of casuals tuning on monday night raw.

#3 ·
Re: A Televised Wresltemania?

I think it could be a very good for wwe considering its long term effects. WWE should advertise that WM like hell using slogan like " Wrestlings own superbowl now on FREE TV" etc. If they did that marketing right they could get lots of casuals tuning on monday night raw.
hell yeah, first response agrees!

#4 ·
Would love to see it happen but the WWE would lose out on money. They should have companies pay them like a million dollars to advertise there product on commercial just like a Super Bowl commercial, to make there money back on what they lost to ppv sales

#6 ·
well Wrestlemania is in April, so it won't even collide with SuperBowl, that's a good thing. wouldn't even compete with that.

But you have to take into account, all the things WWE could advertise themselves, since they will definitely be reaching a much broader audience. Plus, the Rock is a huge draw to non-wrestling fans as well. So if he was main eventing (like WM 28) then I I think they could justify charging a shitload for ad space, and make up for it, and profit.

Or at least do the RR on TV live.

#9 ·
Wrestlemania on free TV would mean commercial breaks out the ass, wrestling isn't football where there is a ton of downtime between every play, you just can't have the majority of your biggest show of the year be commercial breaks and it still turn out as something memorable.

Not to mention there is no way, no matter who is main eventing WM, that a free version of it would draw the 10 million+ viewers they would need to make a profit off of ads. It's just a bad idea, wrestling isn't a sport you can give away for free.

#12 ·
It really depend on how much advertisers are willing to pay. But if WM were to be on TV, it'd need commercials. So it could really only be 4 hours(including commercials). Considering WWE makes like 50+M on PPV buys for WM alone, I don't know if they'd be able to make that much from ads.

I wouldn't mind WWE airing a fuller replay of Wrestlemania on NBC instead of a mini 1 hour one that only shows highlights of a single match. Why not have a 2 hour replay where we see all the main matches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.