Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!!!!!!!

View Single Post

Old 01-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #6292 (permalink)
Issues_Sunshyne
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

Issues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missed
Default Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - Where attempted murder happens

So, he wasn't even training with City but still picking up his ridiculous wages? How does that work? Surely he was in breach of his contract so they could cut him loose? He looks like a rugby player in 2013.

This screams out to me as poor man management of a young lad who suffered the highest football can offer and the lowest it could offer. People talking about his injuries causing this are probably right, but it shouldn't have happened. There have been young players before who have suffered with terrible injuries and came back from them for better or worse and never to the extreme of Johnson. Just as examples, Johnson left Everton as a kid and blasted through City then suffered a couple of bad injuries and this is him half a decade later, compared to Ross Barkley who broke his leg when he was younger than Johnson with his injuries and I believe is being managed and helped back to complete fitness in the right way. Just looking at an extreme example, Jack Rodwell has suffered some pretty bad injuries in his youth as well as when he became a first team regular at Everton, and it's crazy to think that this could be him in 3 years time.

I just can't shake the thought that Johnson wasn't given the right management at the time all of this began, which he should have given his prospects.

Anybody know where he's been the last year? I've read he'd gone on loan to Leicester in 2011 but came back injured in January 2012. What happened since then? Did City lose interest in him and just let him sit out his contract until that picture came out and were forced to take action, or what? Surely a team of Manchester City's standing in 2013 have the responsibility and powers necessary to take someone like this by the scruff of the neck and help them gain motivation and positivity again? From what I'm reading the lad has hit rock bottom, but was still a City player until recently. Is that right?

All of this may just be a bad picture of a bad situation, he always seemed like a lad who likes the big time but the picture could be a bad one and everything else an exaggeration but interesting to see how he ended up there.