Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE's massive mistake in 2006
View Single Post
post #65 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 07:02 PM
reDREDD
Celestial Messiah

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: WWE's massive mistake in 2006

reading this thread has practically given me diabetes. seriously, wow. no wonder i dont bother with this section anymore

Exploiting Eddie's death? yeah, that was just plain wrong. But i dont believe Rey's push was that influenced by it. Batista was on the shelf. Eddie passed away. Rey was the next big face. The guy already beat eddie in their feud, like KingCal said and he was on his way. saying Rey only won the title because Eddie died is like saying Eddie only won the title because Brock left. Did it have some influence in both cases? ofcourse. but both men were extremely talented, over and could be considered legit draws

Angle from the start was just a placeholder. He had zero direction. Cena was holding the title forever on Raw. Orton was still recovering and finding his place. Rey was the a good choice and the reign was his chance to hit the big time

Unfortunately, the match at Wrestlemania was garbage and his reign was horrifically booked. But Rey was on his way to the top

People are too damn cynical and angry here. Calm down guys, and think

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome