Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread
View Single Post
post #7658 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 06:05 PM
Jack Evans 187
The Conqueror

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

ROH - Anarchy in the U.K.

BJ Whitmer vs. Go Shiozaki - *** 3/4

Spud vs. Jody Fleisch vs. Jonny Storm - ** 3/4

Nigel McGuinness, Colt Cabana, & Robbie Brookside vs. The Kings of Wrestling & Chad Collyer - *** 1/2

ROH World Title
Bryan Danielson (c) vs. SUWA - *** 1/2

Doug Williams vs. Jimmy Rave - *** 1/2

The Briscoes vs. Matt Sydal & Davey Richards - **** 1/4

ROH World Title
Bryan Danielson (c) vs. Roderick Strong - **** 1/4

Overall: 9.25/10

- Really awesome opener. Nothin but two brutes hittin each other with big bombs for 15 minutes. Chops, clotheslines, & suplexes galore. One of the best openers in company history tbh. This crowd fucking ROCKS.

- The 3 way is a fun spotfest, Spud gets killed. It seamlessly transitions into the next match with KOW spoiling the party and once again murdering Spud... poor guy. So the faces appear and challenge the Kings, challenge accepted. Ultra fun match with tons of creative chants from the crowd. Formula was great and the finishing stretch was awesome. Seriously, this might be the best crowd I've ever seen.

- Earlier in the night, Aries declared he couldn't wrestle tonight because of broken ribs which lead to Roddy challenging Danielson for the belt. But on Danielson's way back to the locker room, SUWA ambushed him with a kendo stick and demanded a title shot, which of course he got. Really good brawl with Danielson getting a nasty cut on top of his head from a chair shot. The finish was absolutely perfect to keep SUWA's rep in tact. Super good 10 minute match.

- Williams/Rave was probably the sleeper match of the night. Got a ton of time (20 minutes plus). There was a lot of stalling and crowd play in the first few minutes but once you get past that there's some good wrestling and Nana adds some entertainment value to it, even though he should've been thrown out several times. I absolutely love his promo before the match while you see EVERYONE in the crowd getting their toilet paper ready. Hilarious.

- The tag match is all kinds of awesome. Bit of a slow build as the first half didn't have anything too special, basically a really long feeling out process, but once Sydal made the hot tag to Davey it was pure insanity. People flying all over the arena, getting dropped on their heads. Sydal looked like a million bucks here, either wooing the crowd with his athleticism or just getting killed by a Briscoe. The nearfall off the Doomsday reversal was fucking NUTS. Great match.

- It's Danielson vs. Strong IV, I shouldn't have to tell you how it went. Stiff, intense, physical, hard-hitting, etc. All those fancy words wrapped into one match, as these guys always deliver. Fantastic finishing stretch that teased the same ending from their Vendetta match. Major props go out to Danielson. By the end of this, the gash in his head was steady flowing, his mouth was busted open, and his chest was just obliterated by the countless number of chops he's taken from both guys. Awesome main event from a SERIOUSLY underrated show loaded with great wrestling and a red hot crowd from start to finish. If I ever end up making a list, I can guarantee this will end up being one of the Top 10 shows in company history. KingKicks was in attendance I believe, ask him how it went.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome