Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE's massive mistake in 2006

View Single Post

Old 01-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #14 (permalink)
Three Dog
Bringing you the truth...no matter how bad it hurts..

Location: My Fortified bunker in the middle of the DC Hellhole.
Three Dog needs to take rep more seriousThree Dog needs to take rep more seriousThree Dog needs to take rep more seriousThree Dog needs to take rep more seriousThree Dog needs to take rep more seriousThree Dog needs to take rep more seriousThree Dog needs to take rep more seriousThree Dog needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: WWE's massive mistake in 2006

i think a few things came into play when making the decsion to pick Rey
Eddies death yes played a HUGE role but only because it was circumstantial to the time that WWE wanted to make Rey one of the "faces" of SD like Taker
the 2006 Royal Rumble only had about 6-8 plausible guys who WWE could have won (rey included)
They wanted to build up that "ultimate underdog" name that Cole was screaming every 5 seconds
In the end I dont believe looking back on it he should have won but hey its in the past
“Look, let’s start with some tough love. You two suck at peddling meth. Period. Did you not plan for this contingency? I mean even the Starship Enterprise had a self-destruct button.... I'm just saying.” –

[] Adrian Neville/PAC wins a Title In WWE

Last edited by Three Dog : 01-15-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Three Dog is offline   Reply With Quote