Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WrestleMania 29 main event spoiled???

View Single Post

Old 01-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Iron Head
Learning to break kayfabe

Iron Head 101 - 250Iron Head 101 - 250
Default WrestleMania 29 main event spoiled???

As noted before, current plans for this year's WrestleMania 29 event call for The Rock to defend the WWE championship title against John Cena.

WWEDVDNews.com received promotional material for the DVD/Blu-ray for Royal Rumble 2013 that may confirm that earlier report. The information on the package clearly informs us that The Rock will face John Cena for the WWE title at WrestleMania 29. Posted below is part of the promotional material.

Well we know Rock vs. Cena 2 for the title was a strong possibility. Do you think this confirms it or the WWE blowing smoke up our asses?

I think its the latter for two reasons:
1. The WWE is now leaking their own information to the web and embracing that with the Smackdown reveals through official channels to entice viewers. Maybe they are sending misinformation through.

2. I don't know if they felt so BUT WrestleMania 27's card was predictable as soon as 2011 hit. We knew Cena would win the chamber and Miz would not lose the title beforehand to anyone else, and that Rock would get involved. To call the main event a lock would be near insulting but I think maybe they can switch things up to not be so predictable... though Rock/Cena 2 wouldn't hurt buys.

WISH LIST

A new, 44th WWE Champion [x]
Daniel Bryan, SummerSlam 2013. Then Orton won it and the WWE was like

SmackDown moves to live Thursdays []
Cena is not in a title match nor a main event at WrestleMania []
Raw returns to two hours, instead of three []

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatter View Post
I'm watching as much as I ever have, but have decided to spend less time in the actual wrestling forums. I've come to realize the IWC is its own self-fulfilling prophecy. All the bitching and complaining about what was on TV was making me hate what was on TV. When I stopped reading what everyone else was crying about, I started enjoying it more again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRITLAND View Post
Idoits
With
Computers
Iron Head is offline   Reply With Quote