Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2013 MOTYC Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #183 (permalink)
Melisandre of Asshai
R'hllor, The Lord of Light

Melisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth reading
Default re: The 2013 MOTYC Thread

Big Show vs Alberto Del Rio - Smackdown 1/11/2013

Was really surprised by how good this match was. I'm not a big fan of either man in general, I'm a fan of Del Rio's in ring work but I've never really bought into his character or persona as a heel. This match however as a face was different. Del Rio came across as a very believable face despite the little build this was given. Great facial expressions and comebacks that were done in a mostly believable way (the beginning I felt like he got a bit too much offense in for what they were going for). This told a really simple but good story with Del Rio constantly having to fight an uphill battle against an unstoppable giant. What I really liked however was that Del Rio did not get a superman comeback ala Cena or Sheamus but had to outsmart Big Show and think on his feet in order to gain the victory. Proposes a much different type of face and one that I personally can get much more behind. Back to the match, this had some great psychology and storytelling all around. This had a few big spots here and there but this was a match centered around the story which delivered excellently. Great TV match, very good match overall. Early contender for TV match of the year.

*** 1/2

Lord of Light, Come to us in our darkness.
Melisandre of Asshai is offline   Reply With Quote