Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2013 MOTYC Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #183 (permalink)
L-DOPA
I'll never be lonesome again.

L-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a push
Default re: The 2013 MOTYC Thread

Big Show vs Alberto Del Rio - Smackdown 1/11/2013

Was really surprised by how good this match was. I'm not a big fan of either man in general, I'm a fan of Del Rio's in ring work but I've never really bought into his character or persona as a heel. This match however as a face was different. Del Rio came across as a very believable face despite the little build this was given. Great facial expressions and comebacks that were done in a mostly believable way (the beginning I felt like he got a bit too much offense in for what they were going for). This told a really simple but good story with Del Rio constantly having to fight an uphill battle against an unstoppable giant. What I really liked however was that Del Rio did not get a superman comeback ala Cena or Sheamus but had to outsmart Big Show and think on his feet in order to gain the victory. Proposes a much different type of face and one that I personally can get much more behind. Back to the match, this had some great psychology and storytelling all around. This had a few big spots here and there but this was a match centered around the story which delivered excellently. Great TV match, very good match overall. Early contender for TV match of the year.

*** 1/2

I'm a Laura Stevenson guy
L-DOPA is offline   Reply With Quote