Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
View Single Post
post #6386 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Telos
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

re: NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Pats did the did deed at Gillette. It was the Packers who trounced the Texans in Houston.

Edit - Did the did? Who am I, Terry Glenn? (kudos to whoever got that reference)

A few things concern me as a Patriots fan right now:

1. Houston. After all, they are the next opponent. Not expecting a blowout like last time. This time two weeks ago, they were still the #1 seed in the AFC and they didn't get there by accident. Slump or not, that's still a damn good football team with stars on both sides of the ball. As much as I want to dismiss them and look ahead, I'm forever haunted by the collapse against the Jets two years ago. I love the Pats' chances against any team, especially at home, but now every playoff opponent terrifies me. Never used to feel like that even back in the Drew Bledsoe/Bill Parcells days.

2. Should the Pats advance to the AFCCG, they'll have the task of playing the Ravens. A team riding high on the Ray Lewis narrative right now. They have the look and feel of a team of destiny. Many people forget that despite the W-L record, they are a battle tested, veteran team capable of being as good as any team in the AFC. Most of the guys who were Cundiff'd last year are still there. I feel better about the Patriots hosting Baltimore, than visiting Denver, but not by much. The last time the Pats played a game against the Ravens that didn't take years out of my life in the process was a 24-3 victory nine seasons ago. If this game happens, I'll surely need to steal the oxygen tanks that the players were using at Mile High yesterday.

3. The Giants beat the Patriots their last two Super Bowls by ridiculous fortune on offense and kick-yo-ass defense that disrupted Brady's timing all game long. The Seahawks barely eeked by the Pats, in Seattle, at the last second. But that Seahawks defense is legit and can cause all kinds of problems (though they will miss Clemons some). And the 49ers are elite, especially defensively, and Kaepernick has that "it" factor that was lacking in Alex Smith. I feel strongly that one of these two teams is repping the NFC. As great a season the Falcons have had, they're more likely paper champions. Would love to see them prove me wrong today and next week, as their defense is the least of the three evils from my vantage point. They're also the only team left in the playoffs that hasn't faced the Patriots this season. IIRC Atlanta hasn't beat New England since the 1998 season. But the Falcons have the league's best record, so there's still a lot of DERP to that statement. Nothing will come easy to the Pats, not this week or potentially through the Superdome.

Okay that wasn't just a few concerns. That was many. But yeah, PLAYOFF TIME! Best time of the year.

TL;DR TIME, PEOPLE.

Can't overlook Texans......every playoff game makes me nervous......Ravens look like team of destiny right now......the NFC is really fucking good and is really a pick your poison proposition for the AFC opponent

Oh yeah, and LET'S GO PATS!!!

Last edited by Telos; 01-13-2013 at 09:59 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome