Wrestling Forum banner

Ziggler deserves better than the World Title.

10K views 139 replies 73 participants last post by  Chicago Warrior 
#1 ·
Zigglers the complete package. Full of charisma, in great physical shape, obviously good in ring wise, and he seems pretty damn fine to me on the Mic.

Let's face it, the world title is a high midcard title. If that. World title will always be lost in the shuffle at big time ppvs and whatnot. I understand the rock, cena, and punk are ahead of him right now because the the big time ppvs coming up.

But honestly ziggler is a main eventer not higher midcarder. There are some events where people don't even care about the world title. I mean when he successfully cashes in I'll be happy, but I won't completely mark out. Simply because ziggler is wwe championship material.

Does he deserve better?

Reactions: Chi Town Punk
#10 ·
Re: Ziggler deserves better than the world title.

Nah, he's just a midcarder at best. Good wrestling skills and not a bad look either but he has almost zero charisma and poor mic skills. All that handstand and "I STEAL THE SHOW AND YOUR GIRLFRIEND!" stuff are so forced.
Disagreed there. Since 2011 I think he's gotten way better on the mic. Stuff with Jericho was good, stuff last winter was good, etc.

As for the Ziggler/WHC situation, it's not like his career ends after he wins it. ~___~ He can perhaps win the WWE title later down the line. Just because he's going after WHC right now doesn't mean he can't do something different later.

#19 ·

This might be a bit off-topic, but its in response to ppl who say Ziggler lacks charisma. I've heard ppl say that Punk lacks charisma, Cena lacks charisma, Sheamus, Del Rio, Miz, Ziggler, Cesaro, Orton. I know different ppl are doubting different wrestlers' charisma, so its not specific ppl each believing "they all lack it," but still, I don't understand where these opinions come from. How good do these people need to be to be recognized as decent actors BY PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING STANDARDS? The only one of those wrestlers who I think lacks charisma is Orton, and even he has decent delivery (and I used to really like him).

Ppl need to realize how rare mic skills and acting skills really are. Did Mick Foley have charisma? Undertaker? Rock? Austin? Triple H? Seriously. Only Rock and Austin stand out from the other wrestlers in this post as having GREAT acting skills (except maybe Punk AND DOLPH F'N ZIGGLER, in my opinion). Who are we comparing wrestlers to? HBO shows? Movies?

Pardon the rant, but Dolph Ziggler's the shit. I highly enjoyed his matches against both Cena and Sheamus this week. No one sells like Dolph Ziggler; if it didn't drastically break kayfabe, "salesman" would be his nickname. He lacks charisma? He's the definition of charisma! I'm not joking, I'm not exaggerating. He is the living, breathing personification of smug arrogance.

He is fantastic at what he does. Every facial expression and movement, in and out of the ring, is in character; in my opinion only the Rock compares to Dolph Ziggler in that quality. At no moment does he have a blank expression or does he just walk down to the ring like what's going on isn't special. He is the last wrestler on the roster who should be criticized for lack of charisma or acting skills. If he lacks charisma, or he lacks acting skills (since ppl might consider them different), then who the hell is better? Who on the roster has better charisma or acting skills than Dolph Ziggler??? Punk? Cena? That's it. I love Sheamus, but I know he's mediocre on the mic, the guy's just likable and entertaining. Orton? Don't you dare say Orton has more charisma than Dolph Ziggler!

Reactions: MidlifeCrisis
#20 ·
This might be a bit off-topic, but its in response to ppl who say Ziggler lacks charisma. I've heard ppl say that Punk lacks charisma, Cena lacks charisma, Sheamus, Del Rio, Miz, Ziggler, Cesaro, Orton. I know different ppl are doubting different wrestlers' charisma, so its not specific ppl each believing "they all lack it," but still, I don't understand where these opinions come from. How good do these people need to be to be recognized as decent actors BY PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING STANDARDS? The only one of those wrestlers who I think lacks charisma is Orton, and even he has decent delivery (and I used to really like him).

Ppl need to realize how rare mic skills and acting skills really are. Did Mick Foley have charisma? Undertaker? Rock? Austin? Triple H? Seriously. Only Rock and Austin stand out from the other wrestlers in this post as having GREAT acting skills (except maybe Punk AND DOLPH F'N ZIGGLER, in my opinion). Who are we comparing wrestlers to? HBO shows? Movies?

Pardon the rant, but Dolph Ziggler's the shit. I highly enjoyed his matches against both Cena and Sheamus this week. No one sells like Dolph Ziggler; if it didn't drastically break kayfabe, "salesman" would be his nickname. He lacks charisma? He's the definition of charisma! I'm not joking, I'm not exaggerating. He is the living, breathing personification of smug arrogance.

He is fantastic at what he does. Every facial expression and movement, in and out of the ring, is in character; in my opinion only the Rock compares to Dolph Ziggler in that quality. At no moment does he have a blank expression or does he just walk down to the ring like what's going on isn't special. He is the last wrestler on the roster who should be criticized for lack of charisma or acting skills. If he lacks charisma, or he lacks acting skills (since ppl might consider them different), then who the hell is better? Who on the roster has better charisma or acting skills than Dolph Ziggler??? Punk? Cena? That's it. I love Sheamus, but I know he's mediocre on the mic, the guy's just likable and entertaining. Orton? Don't you dare say Orton has more charisma than Dolph Ziggler!

thank you!

#2 ·

I really don't see main eventer when I see Ziggler. I see upper mid carder and for him, being whc is just fine. He has his moments on the mic and in terms of charisma, he really doesn't seem to command attention from people. In fact, his managers have always been more over than him. He'll get his main event opportunities but he'll probably remain an upper mid carder.

#3 ·
I really don't see main eventer when I see Ziggler. I see upper mid carder and for him, being whc is just fine. He has his moments on the mic and in terms of charisma, he really doesn't seem to command attention from people. In fact, his managers have always been more over than him. He'll get his main event opportunities but he'll probably remain an upper mid carder.

you can't always have the main eventers be cena, punk, and ryback. You need to change it up. Ziggler is definitely main event material. And how hasn't he gotten attention from people? Ever see his matches with sheamus ? More ziggler fans. with cena at tlc? Pretty much all ziggler. The guy is over enough now

#4 ·

Wut. I like Ziggler but he's not THAT good: in fact he's hardly good enough FOR the world title. Despite being quite good in the ring, he's decent enough on the mic and he certainly isn't "full of charisma". I think and hope he'll get a chance but I'm not sure I'm feeling him ever sticking around that end of the card for any extended amount of time. He strikes me as more of the kind of guy who moves around as needed to make others look good. Ziggler's just lacks that special something that makes him the kind of guy you want to tune in to see every week just to watch him. Not that the lack of that has stopped WWE pushing people before mind you, but even so...

#6 ·
Wut. I like Ziggler but he's not THAT good: in fact he's hardly good enough FOR the world title. Despite being quite good in the ring, he's decent enough on the mic and he certainly isn't "full of charisma". I think and hope he'll get a chance but I'm not sure I'm feeling him ever sticking around that end of the card for any extended amount of time. He strikes me as more of the kind of guy who moves around as needed to make others look good. Ziggler's just lacks that special something that makes him the kind of guy you want to tune in to see every week just to watch him. Not that the lack of that has stopped WWE pushing people before mind you, but even so...

that "special something" has a lot to do with the booking of a superstar.

#8 ·

The World [heavy weight Championship] Is Not Enough!

#11 ·

If that's really true, he will excel with the World Title and get his shot at the WWE Title or maybe even elevate the World Title to near the WWE Title status. Give it time.

#12 ·

I'm a big fan of Dolph Ziggler, but he is not full of charisma. He's got it, just not that a high enough level that he stands out all that much. His mic skills range from above average to good, and they're very inconsistent. He's a good in ring talent, although his ring-work is not fit for a heel. The way he sells stuff screams "babyface in peril", so I guess his psychology is a little off. Based on all of this, I'm going ot have to disagree with you that Dolph Ziggler deserves better. He is in no way ready to hold the WWE Championship, at all. Maybe in a couple of years, sure...but certainly not now.

#13 ·

I love how most of us don't consider the World Title to be a main event belt. That is so backwards, I don't even know what to say.

But that's the system WWE has in place, so what are ya gonna do.

I wish Ziggler had been around during the 90s. He's one of those guys that would have been a big IC Champion, back when holding that title actually mattered, and because guys like Hogan, Warrior, Piper, Savage, & DiBiase were all out of the picture, it would have opened the door up for him to be WWE Champion in an era with only one world title.

#14 ·

Okay, this is ridiculous. Ziggler is the best wrestler today other than Punk. All-around. He doesn't have charisma? Here's a little exercise to put things in perspective. Who has better charisma/acting skills than Dolph Ziggler? Its a short list. The only guys who MIGHT have better charisma than him are Cena, Punk, Orton, Sheamus, Del Rio, and Miz. Now how does Dolph Ziggler look to you guys?

However, I disagree with saying the World Title isn't enough for him. The World Title is perfect for him, let him build it up. Triple H once said, I think in discussing the value of the WHC, that the champion makes the belt, not the otehr way around. The US title can be a strap on Santino Marella's shoulder, or a really great mid-carder can throw a massive parade and get away with it, its a prop that can be used or not used. If the WHC isn't treated well or the superstars/matches suck, then ppl won't care. If Cena and the Undertaker feud over the WHC, no one will doubt its value, its all about the wrestlers feuding over it. A lot of the ppl who think the WHC has been devalued think the same of the WWE Title, since its always Cena in the main event, not the WWE Title.

If Ziggler has the belt, he'll make it matter. I really, REALLY hope he'll main event PPV's with it; they can even ease Ziggler in to those main events by giving him dirty title defenses against Cena to start it off.

#17 ·
Zigglers moveset is more of a face, not heel and I do see him turning face but not for awhile. When miz and del rio just went face.

#24 ·

I don't really want to argue with you, man. Sorry. It's subjective.
You're absolutely right about that, completely subjective.. If you don't like Ziggler, he's failing as far as you and other ppl who agree with you. Absolutely. Don't intend to "convince you" as far as the proper way to enjoy wrestling. Lol I cheer for heels most of the time :D:.

#25 ·

I'm a Ziggler fan. I believe for him to take that next step to be a permanent star, he needs to be more consistent on the mic. Sometimes he knocks it out of the park with a promo and really shines, and other times, it's just OK. He needs to become more consistent in that regard. Otherwise, he has a good look and he's very talented. He'll be World Champion soon, but it doesn't stop there. He still has many years ahead of him and probably a few WWE Championship runs in him in the future.

#26 ·

Once he gets the world title, i'm pretty sure Ziggler will prove himself as a top heel. I agree he's a full package. A few years ago his appearance would have been to small for a main eventer, he just didn't look like one, but now that is stupid. He has the appearance for a main eventer, when he's in the ring with guys like Orton or Cena, he feels around the same size, in fact probably more than Orton.

#27 ·

Wouldn't it be a swerve if he wins the Rumble?

#28 ·
so wait...
Ziggler is so amazing... but you dont want him holding the WHC, because you think it is "less prestigious"

Wouldnt you want him to hold the WHC and have him bring LEGITIMACIES back to the WHC?

What is a more impressive accomplishment? Ziggler winning the only title with prestige, thus perpetuating the cycle.
Or winning the other title and bringing its value back??? :vince2

#30 ·
Yeah, and the big gold belt looks better anyway.

#33 ·
Ziggler is the American hero.

Talk Cena here, he pointed out Ziggler has been in the WWE 7 Years. The first shot he had, was cut short due to Eddie Charvo's death. Did he give up? No he became a member of the spirit squad. How many of them are still wrestling? How many volunteered to go back to OVW? Dolph is the epitome of never giving up, and always improving himself. In the 80's, what was the average age of a wrestler? In the 90's? Dolph is the American will incarnate. And all peoples desire, to never give up.

John Cena, is the aristocracy. Given all at the start of his life in the WWE. Like Sheamus and ADR. All I can say is...

Viva la republic.

#34 ·
I don't see Ziggler being a permanent main-eventer. He'll cash-in and become World Champion, then drop back down to the upper mid-card. I definitely don't see him becoming WWE Champion anytime soon if that's what you think. He's still young, give it a few year's and he might be one of the top guys in the company.. He has a lot of potential.

#35 ·
He's not a true ME guy. He doesn't only lack charisma, he also lacks confidence which is a HUGE nono. When you see Rock, Cena, Punk etc you can tell these guys can carry themselves well whereas Ziggler always comes across as a guy faking security in order to entertain, but his body language disguises him. Until he learns to be more self-confident there's no point in giving him more than a very short ME run, you don't want some insecure guy as one of your top guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.