Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Why did Hogan job to The Rock, but not Austin?

View Single Post

Old 01-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #59 (permalink)
Elipses Corter
If I really don't like someone, I call them a Tony Schiavone.---Ron Funches

Elipses Corter is making a name for themselvesElipses Corter is making a name for themselvesElipses Corter is making a name for themselvesElipses Corter is making a name for themselvesElipses Corter is making a name for themselvesElipses Corter is making a name for themselvesElipses Corter is making a name for themselvesElipses Corter is making a name for themselvesElipses Corter is making a name for themselvesElipses Corter is making a name for themselvesElipses Corter is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Why did Hogan job to The Rock, but not Austin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon_Vs_Icon View Post
Do you people even care about fact? All ive read is conspiracy theories
But can't that be said about nearly EVERYTHING regarding Hogan/Austin? Because there is no legitimate proof that either guy refusing to job to someone else.

I mean, we can bring up the fact that aside from his final match with Rock, Austin never lost cleanly between 1998-2003. But that doesn't mean he REFUSED to put anybody over.

Same can be said for Hogan his entire WWE career.

Only thing I know is that according to Kevin Nash, the entire plans changed for Wrestlemania 18. They were only supposed to work limited dates and he did say that Austin was going through some personal problems at the time, was injury plagued and was in the state of mind that losing to Jericho diminished his character.

So in that regard, maybe Austin was never ASKED first but due to not being healthy and his personal life, maybe WWE realized that Hogan/Rock was the best solution, while having Austin work a 7 minute match.

But in the end, it's all conspiracy theories because we shouldn't expect a guy like Austin to cut an interview and not portray himself in a positive light. It's not like he's gonna admit he was asked first but turned it down because he didn't want to lose, nor would he say that Hogan refused to him but at the same time, it doesn't make what he said anymore truthful.