Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Why you can't compete with Chinese labor

View Single Post

Old 01-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Glass Shatters
Humbled

Glass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a push
Default Re: Why you can't compete with Chinese labor

I actually agree with your main point. You're not saying that today's youth should be doing hard factory labor, just that they would probably benefit from being allowed to obtain work at an early age. Some of the most impressionable moments of my youth were working with my Uncle during the Summer and assisting him with painting, wallpaper hanging, molding installation, etc. Not only did I learn a trade that I could really fall back on, but I learned accountability, the importance of taking pride in your work, and THE VALUE OF A DOLLAR. Today's youth, and the majority of yesterday's youth for that matter, pretty much had things handed to them until they were 18 years old. When they finally move away from Mommy and Daddy for the first time and are responsible for their own income, food, clothes, and therefore their own spending, they don't know what to do with themselves. My parents never bought me a car. I purchased it myself after I got back from deployment. My parents never bought me a cellphone. I purchased one when I was 16 years old via my own money.

In short, I think that the working age limit for American children should be lowered by a year or two. You attend high school? You can definitely do physical work. You're a year or two away from high school? You can bag groceries and pick up shopping carts. What could it really hurt? I think that as the youth gets sheltered more and more, it has lead us to a snowball effect of sorts via basic incompetence, personal debt, and reliance on others. I, for one, never felt so accomplished than I did after a hard day's work in my youth.

Last edited by Glass Shatters : 01-12-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Glass Shatters is offline   Reply With Quote