Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #6364 (permalink)
SarcasmoBlaster
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags

SarcasmoBlaster SarcasmoBlaster SarcasmoBlaster SarcasmoBlaster SarcasmoBlaster SarcasmoBlaster SarcasmoBlaster SarcasmoBlaster SarcasmoBlaster SarcasmoBlaster SarcasmoBlaster
Default Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Man, it's tough to pick this match, which is a great thing. You don't get many like this. Rock competing at ER makes it seem likely that he'll win though. I doubt they'll put the belt on Rock at ER, because if they are going to put the belt on him at all it makes way more sense to do it in a huge 1 on 1 match than in a 6 man.

Now, they could have Punk win, and hold the belt until Mania, but to do so he'd have to beat Rock twice, once at RR and once at ER. I don't see that happening. One loss Rock could handle. Two losses would Brock Lesnar him and kill his mystique.

So it looks like Rock is winning, is basically what I'm trying to say.

Now, that being said, there is a way to avoid both of those problems. Have Punk beat Rock at RR, Rock enters the Rumble match, and wins it. Rock then doesn't have to compete at Extreme Rules, and Punk retains. This would set up Punk/Rock II (with Rock going over), Cena/Taker, and HHH/Lesnar as the top three matches. That's not a bad way to go, but it's highly unlikely.
SarcasmoBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote