Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #13967 (permalink)
ShowStopper
When left up to me, I will probably not do the right thing.

ShowStopper is new to the CHATBOX CREWShowStopper is new to the CHATBOX CREWShowStopper is new to the CHATBOX CREWShowStopper is new to the CHATBOX CREWShowStopper is new to the CHATBOX CREWShowStopper is new to the CHATBOX CREWShowStopper is new to the CHATBOX CREWShowStopper is new to the CHATBOX CREWShowStopper is new to the CHATBOX CREWShowStopper is new to the CHATBOX CREWShowStopper is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Foley is great. I'm watching Mind Games right now. I could watch this match once a day everyday if I had to. The character development of HBK developing an edge and having to get down & dirty with the deranged Mankind is awesome to watch. HBK smacking Earl Hebner in the back of the head in (kayfabe) frustration at one point and tip-toeing around heelish tendencies for a 1st time babyface champion is interesting to watch.

I love how this match has a hardcore edge/brawl-ish feel to it, but still manages to stay, at it's core, a wrestling match. At points it gets close to being more of a brawl (the spot through the announce table, HBK hitting Mick hard in that mask of his repeatedly), but these two greats mix in just the right amount of hardcore moments to give Shawn more of an edge (that he and the WWF both desperately needed at that time), and to further develop the Mankind character as a crazy fuck and someone who could hang with the world champion. They both got the rub here and both came out of this one for the better, which is the ultimate goal of every wrestling match.

It's just a damn shame this was a one-off. Fuck Sid, I would have been all for HBK dropping the title to Mick at Survivor Series in a rematch at MSG.

I love this match.

Last edited by ShowStopper : 01-12-2013 at 08:24 PM.