Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #13964 (permalink)
Choke2Death
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania

Choke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punter View Post
HBK/HHH is just.....I don't know. 47 minutes? C'mon son. Was there a reason it was that long and waaay stretched out?
No reason other than trying too hard to make it ZOMGSOEPIC! just like the rest of their forced feud(s). Don't think I've seen a match that was as boring as that one. And the feud itself was absolutely TERRIBLE. They overreact as if they want to murder each other and HHH is looking for Shawn all over the damn arena before getting jumped from behind and having every fucking person in the backstage area "breaking it up". SO not into it I was. As much as I enjoyed Benoit/Kane, I think Bad Blood should've been Benoit versus either Hunter or HBK inside Hell in a Cell.

The terrible booking of Benoit's title reign aside, another problem was, as you mentioned earlier, the rushing of Orton's face turn. Made zero sense that he'd beat Benoit completely clean when HHH (or anyone else for that matter) couldn't and then lose the title less than a month later to HHH himself. I don't care how bad his backstage behavior was, if they were gonna push him, they should've gone full force with it rather than pull back. He was extremely over with the crowd and could've been a bigger star had they taken it easy and let him be in Batista's position for the eventual face turn leading into WM21's main event.