Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Why did Hogan job to The Rock, but not Austin?

View Single Post

Old 01-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #55 (permalink)
Stinger Fan
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Why did Hogan job to The Rock, but not Austin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkajr View Post
Never heard that story with Hogan screwing Austin out of the US title to a short job against Hacksaw Duggan. That seems like pure fabrication to me.

But as Bischoff said in his book, Hogan and Bischoff shot down an Idea that Austin, invovling Austin being a relative of Hogan or something corny as that. This was in 1994 or early 1995, Hogan did not like, and to be honest, Hogan was the biggest thing to hit WCW at the time, possible ever which is debatable, but Austin at the time, despite being possible the best worker in the company, was still a mid-card wrestler. Hogan was not supposed to get in to feud with mid carders, he was brought in to feud with the major wrestlers in the company at the time like
Flair, Vader and Sting.
I totally understand why he shot that angle down with Austin, and Austin would be stubborn foolish sob if he was still bitter about it, since he did the exact same thing to Jeff Jarrett in WWF when Austin was at his peak.

But then again I understand why Hogan shot that angle down, but heck I still would have prefered that to Dungeon Of Doom any day of the week
Hacksaw talks about it.He called Austin a baby and seeing as he was a Flair guy not a Hogan guy they clashed