Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Why did Hogan job to The Rock, but not Austin?

View Single Post

Old 01-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #53 (permalink)
Aaron S.
(Come Get It)

Aaron S. probably won't be missedAaron S. probably won't be missedAaron S. probably won't be missedAaron S. probably won't be missedAaron S. probably won't be missedAaron S. probably won't be missedAaron S. probably won't be missedAaron S. probably won't be missedAaron S. probably won't be missedAaron S. probably won't be missedAaron S. probably won't be missed
Default Re: Why did Hogan job to The Rock, but not Austin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGERTHAT21 View Post
Not really. Basically after 2000 when Rock got big he and Austin were on the same level.

There's a lot of stories out there. Although there are 2 stories that stick out the most:

1. Austin and Hogan didn't want to job to each other. They didn't like each other, couldn't decide on an ending, and they decided to go with Hogan vs. Rock.

2. Hogan vs. Rock was planned all along. The only reason Hogan decided to job to Rock was because he would get a face turn and an undisputed championship run later.

I'm inclined to believe the 2nd one. Since I'm pretty sure I've read/heard somewhere that Austin said he never got an offer to have match with Hogan until after he retired.
Not sure, but doesn't Hogan winning the Undisputed Title from HHH a month later have something to do with him putting over the rock?