Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 MOTYC thread
View Single Post
post #2683 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 03:07 PM
the joy~! of seabsmas
XMAS JOY~

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

I WILL get everything watched by the end of the month.

Rich Swann vs AR Fox vs Star Man vs The Dynamite Sensation vs Lucifer Darksyde vs Apollyon - PWS 14.09.2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PelMZG2iFUk

What do you get when take 4 flippy dudes and two atheltic fatties and stick them all in a match together? You get this and this is fucking awesome. Apollyon is the star of this. Fatty who'll throw flippy dudes around in nasty ways and flip around the place himself. Suicide dive was awesome and the double chokeslam/rib breaker combo had me freaking out. Lucifer Darksyde isn't a typo. Somebody legit came up with the name Lucifer Darksyde. Fatties who can flip around are the best. TDS cuts a promo before about being out for 2 years and it's pretty easy to see why given some of the bumps he takes. Star Man is super goofy but he takes a nutty dive in the middle that the crowd go crazy for. Camera work is naf and Star Man ends up diving into oblivion off his dive. Best spotfest of 2012? Maybe. Tons of fun.

Jerry Lawler & Brian Christopher vs Derrick King & Precious - WFW 02.06.2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxp2imB-lXs

One word - FUN. Two words - Click link. Three words - Get this watched.

Kevin Steen vs Eddie Kingston - ROH Boiling Point
Why the hell didn't this get more appreciation when it happened? Thought this was brilliant and a wonderful change of pace from your normal ROH match. Both guys reaction to the match being made No DQ was great. Bobby Cruise with no jacket for this match? Must mean serious business. Match is cut into two halves. First half is a really great no nonsense brawl. Kingston taking Corino out from the off was great to rule out the numbers advantage. Nigel has so much fun at Corino getting taken out while he's doing commentary. Nigel's great as usual in this and gets everything over like nobody else could. They actually took this guy OFF commentary. Table spot that leads to the angle is done really well. Can't believe I haven't see that spot done with the table that way around before. The struggle for the spot was brilliant too and I totally brought the backdrop tease. Kingston sells the spot magnificently and it allows Steen the perfect chance to mock Kingston on the mic. Glad he brought up the idiocy of taking Kingston out the long way past all the equipment. Wished they'd shown more of Kingston talking to the refs while he was down. It's such a tiny thing but it added so much to the match for me. Really subtle but believable and gets the injury angle over better than screaming in pain for ten minutes. LARRY SWEENEY THINKS YOUR A FUCKING PUSSY was amazing and the perfect catalyst for giving Kingston a second wind and restarting the match. Kingston keeps the selling up which was great. F-5 kickout was a brilliant finish tease. They get the right mix of doing enough teases of a finish without kicking it out of all sorts to no reaction like other ROH matches. ROH MOTY for sure.

****1/4

Big Show vs Sheamus - Lumberjack Match - Raw 24.12.2012
Thought this just nudged ahead of their HIAC match based on the added fun. You still get Show working great as a dominant monster and another fun finishing stretch between these two but the early parts are more entertaining. Lumberjack stip for once adds to the match with some fun spots. Show singing while layin the pain on Sheamus ruled too.

John Cena vs Alberto Del Rio - Miracle on 34th Street Fight - Raw 24.12.2012
Goofy and whacky as fuck but I had so much fun with it. Not what I'd call a MOTY by workrate standards but certainly by pure entertainment standards. The presents shtick is incredibly goofy but the right side of goofy to be a blast of fun. Bowling ball spot looked like a bitch to be on the end of. Finish is wonderful too, especially Ricardo's reaction to Santa being alive only to get laid out by Santa's sack. FUN.

Minoru Suzuki vs TAKA Michinoku - K-DOJO 13.11.2012
Great to see TAKA in something less goofy and more serious. Matwork in this is really great. It's basically a Suzuki squash but it's still TAKA and TAKA's great in everything he does. All his attempts at getting into the match before the eventual comeback set it up perfectly for when he finally does take advantage of the opening and they have a neat little run at the end. Anyone who's a fan of either will enjoy this.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome