Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Your first memories of TNA

View Single Post

Old 01-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
Murph
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

Murph 1001 - 1500Murph 1001 - 1500Murph 1001 - 1500Murph 1001 - 1500Murph 1001 - 1500Murph 1001 - 1500Murph 1001 - 1500Murph 1001 - 1500Murph 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Your first memories of TNA

The Wrestling Channel! 437 on Sky if I remember correctly. Two matches that really won me over were AJ Styles vs Abyss tables match and Chris Harris challenging Jeff Jarrett for the NWA Title, really won me over. Then I got on their website in the build up to Victory Road 2004, got excited that names like Nash and DDP came in shortly afterward. I was a major TNA fan 2004, 2005 and 2006 (attended Victory Road 2006), but think they really blew it at the end of 2006. Bound For Glory should have been Samoa Joe winning the title, and Joe-Angle should have been built for far longer than 4 weeks. Completely fell out of touch by the end of 2007, and apart from occasional glances (and a real love of the "Grappleworks" Youtube videos where he inserted a laugh-track into particularly bad Impact episodes), didn't reignite my interest until hearing that Hogan and Bischoff were coming in. Loved the first night of Monday Night Wars, but in the aftermath it was blatant how poorly TNA presented themselves that night. Fell completely out of touch shortly after that, although I did watch RVD winning the title from AJ. Had some spare time last summer, and started to hear good things about TNA in 2012 with Russo leaving (I'm not endlessly knocking the guy, but him leaving TNA definitely seemed like the right move). I decided to watch Slammiversary and judge by that show whether I would get back into the product: it just so happened to be one of their best ever PPVs. Aries vs Roode the next month completely got me back, and watched Impact all summer. I haven't been watching that much in the last few months, but I've kept completely up to date, and plan on doing so for the next while as long as they maintain my interest.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote