Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - When and how will AJ Styles return?

View Single Post

Old 01-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Scorpion Deathdrop
Learning to break kayfabe

Scorpion Deathdrop is an after thoughtScorpion Deathdrop is an after thought
Default Re: when and how will AJ Styles return?

Unfortunately AJ doesn't have the demeanor or mic skills to make a heel run work. He's had many attempts, none of which were successful. Not even with the arrogant Ric Flair as his mouthpiece, he just can't pull "heel" off very well.

Sure he could pull a cheap betrayal and gain an instant surge of heat from the crowd, but he has never been able to do anything past that.

I don't mind him being more 'dark', but I agree with whomever compared him to Sting. If he comes back to rally the forces of TNA against A&E I think it could work. But TNA needs to be smart, instead of just giving away matches and having clusterf*** mob battles, they need to do it like Sting. Sting and Hogan built their match over the course of an ENTIRE YEAR, with no contact. ECW did the same, I think it was Tazz and Sabu?

TNA needs to build a huge momentum THEN cash it in, not blow it all in one night's worth of iMPACT!. These things take time.
Scorpion Deathdrop is offline   Reply With Quote