Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Rock/Cena (28/3 Raw) or Rock/Punk (7/1 Raw),Which promo better?

View Single Post

Old 01-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Itami
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

Itami 501 - 1000Itami 501 - 1000Itami 501 - 1000Itami 501 - 1000Itami 501 - 1000Itami 501 - 1000
Default Re: Rock/Cena (28/3 Raw) or Rock/Punk (7/1 Raw),Which promo better?

Cena/Rock could've been better had they focused more on promoting the match instead of throwing jokes and insults at each other every week. It became a case of who won this week? etc etc With Punk/Rock, it's what it should've been for Cena/Rock. Punk convincingly saying "I'm going to kick your ass", etc and Rock saying time will up and even praising his toughness just sends the vibe of how important the match will be. Cena/Rock also felt a bit forced... I dunno exactly what it was, maybe the fact that the expectations of a feud had been talked about for years, and when it finally happened, it's like throwing everything at once. That might be nitpicking on my part, though. Also, Punk is a better on the mic than Cena imo, so that definitely helps the case.