Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - TNA Wrestling Announces Major Changes To 2013 Pay-Per-View Strategy

View Single Post

Old 01-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #171 (permalink)
Aya Reiko
Edokko God of Death

Aya Reiko needs to make some friendsAya Reiko needs to make some friendsAya Reiko needs to make some friendsAya Reiko needs to make some friendsAya Reiko needs to make some friendsAya Reiko needs to make some friendsAya Reiko needs to make some friendsAya Reiko needs to make some friendsAya Reiko needs to make some friends
Default Re: TNA Wrestling Announces Major Changes To 2013 Pay-Per-View Strategy

Just because there's fewer PPV per year does not mean things will miracluously improve. They've been treating the non-"big" PPVs as throwaways for a long, long while. And the show's creative team is not changing, therefore the entire booking philosophy is not changing at all. The AJ-KazDan fued went on what seemed like FOREVER, and the Aces & 8's storyline is the same thing; a storyline that seems like it goes on forever that progresses no faster than a snail's pace. I cannot see how this changes the Status Quo at TNA. I do not believe this move will improve the show's quality what-so-ever when they always have been booking for the "big" shows and regarding the "little" shows as throwaways.

I can't see this as anything but a huge step backward for TNA. It's slashing potential revenue without really cutting costs. Seriously, how does taping a PPV save money over a live broadcast when you're essentially doing the same thing in both cases?

What the hell happened to taking TNA "to the next level"? I can't help but think that, in reality, TNA is sinking, and at the sheer level they are apparently cutting back, it's sinking fast.