Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - General Movie Discussion Part II (part III coming soon)

View Single Post

Old 01-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #2083 (permalink)
blarg_
Ayatollah of Moral turpitude

blarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth reading
Default Re: General Movie Discussion Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cynical Miracle View Post
Lynch's cant make films. Can he make great standalone atmospheric and creepy scenes. Yes. But can he flesh out an actual narrative and make a movie without being completely self indulging, pretentious, boring, plodding pile of bullshit with a few gems here and there. Lol no. His movies are just a bunch of nonsense.
:angry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubz View Post
I might have misunderstood what you're saying, but movies don't need to spoon feed the audience in order to have a narrative or be 'about something', just because you have to look for it yourself and actually put some thought into what you're watching in order to get what Lynch is trying to say doesn't mean it's pretentious or self indulgent. Yeah, Lynch makes the films he wants to make, but they do have more depth beyond 'oh look, a bunch of random stuff with no narrative; PRETENTIOUS!', you just have to search for it and it's there. Inland Empire deals with a whole bunch of themes from marriage, relationships, life and death, the power of women and their ability to overcome certain situations they endure, identity and the craziness of being an actor/actress. It just isn't laid out in front of you in a conventional way. A film like Inland Empire is meant as a surreal piece of art, it's the movie equivalent of something like a Dali painting, you have to look closely to get what it's saying. Even if you don't get it, I don't think you could say Lynch is a bad film maker. Saying his movies are a load of nonsense is completely missing the point imo.
This.