Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #13835 (permalink)
sharkboy22
GET MY BAGS

sharkboy22 sharkboy22 sharkboy22 sharkboy22 sharkboy22 sharkboy22 sharkboy22 sharkboy22 sharkboy22 sharkboy22 sharkboy22
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Holy crap, I just watched Swagger vs Christian Backlash '09 and I really don't recall the match being that damn good. As a matter of fact, at the time I didn't think much of it. What the hell? How the hell could I have been bored with this match upon initial viewing? Seriously, what the hell was wrong with me?

This is an awesome match and is one of 2009's best. I prefer this over their ECW encounter as well. This match is just great story telling with Swagger working over Christian's ribs, Christian getting in some hope spots but Swagger right back on the offense. Honestly, the beauty of this match is in the finish. Because the match was all Swagger and no matter how many times Christian would get some offense in or sneak in a roll up Swagger would always get back on the offense, you really wouldn't expect Christian to win this at all. But he does, in one of the most unique finishes I have ever seen. Basically, Swagger keeps getting pissed off because no matter he couldn't get Christian down for the three count. An enraged Swagger removes the turnbuckle padding. While the ref is arguing with him, Christian is in the other corner removing a turnbuckle cover of his own!Still pissed off, Swagger dashes towards Christian, steel meets flesh, Swagger eats a Killswitch, 1..2..3! Freaking awesome match!

★★★★