Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - NXT Taping *SPOILERS* Jan 23-Feb6 Episodes
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 02:05 PM
SPROUTS BUCKET
My Name Is God (I Hate You)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Re: NXT Taping *SPOILERS* Jan 23-Feb6 Episodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmop View Post
I think this is part of the problem.

I am completely in favor of getting rid of all TV shows except the live Monday Night Raw.

The thing that WWF at the time did SO well in 1997-2000 was the end of Raw cliffhanger. Especially in the go home show before a PPV. And the 3 weeks without a PPV you'd have 6 full days to ponder and think trying to figure out what was going to happen next. It drew you into the show the following week. And it was fun.

That mystique is gone. Because if there is a cliffhanger, the next night you turn on the internet and you read what happened at the taped Smackdown.

So I think you're on to it. It's not going to happen though because that means loss of money. But one of the main problems with modern WWE in my opinion is too many shows.
To tell you the truth, I was never a fan of them airing Smackdown even when it first started in 1999. I was happy because it meant another two hours of action but I always go by the 'less is more' approach, and half the fun of wrestling is waiting for the best moments to happen anyway. I can understand them keeping Smackdown for that brand split (was never a fan of that either), but now that's gone, it's useless clutter.

Anyway, I'm digressing from the thread topic, and you're right they will never get rid of it, but it's something to ponder.

"Yes, I can hear you Clem Fandango!"

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome