Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

2M views 21K replies 512 participants last post by  Starbuck 
#1 ·
#13,741 ·
Can't get behind face Orton. C'mon, he's a natural heel. Of course any positive reaction for the heels involves killing anything that made them interesting with a face turn. I'm fine with edgy faces/antiheroes, but there's no need for a character change. Seriously Vince, you were better than this. Someone should kidnap Vince, tie him up and toss him in the freezer that Paul Bearer still occupies.

#13,748 ·
To me, Orton is just there. I don't get excited when he appears on my TV screen, but I also don't change the channel. In other words, I couldn't give much of a fuck whether he comes or goes.
This. I don't know, he just strikes me as exceptionally plain atm. He's a solid worker with the ability to have really good matches with the right opponents but I definitely wouldn't call him great.

#13,753 ·
Agreed. I believe he peaked as a character during the Taker feud in 2005.

Match wise I think he was better than ever in 2011. The only time I could really stand his in-ring character work since 2007 when he first started his "slow-walking" phase. I truly believe his character work as a heel from 2008-2010 was some of the worst main event character work in company history, just seemed so uninspired. When it came to his in-ring work, 2011 is his best year IMO.

Couple that with the fact that I only have like.. TWO Orton singles matches at **** 1/2+ I can't really consider him an ELITE worker. Both of those matches are from far superior workers as well (Foley, Benoit). I still consider Orton to be a pretty good worker overall though.

Reactions: Alim
#13,757 ·
It's almost like he had unlimited potential back in 04 as The Legend Killer and it just never really came to fruition.
Blame DA GAME. :p

Actually I blame whichever idiot thought it was a good idea to turn a cocky, pretty boy looking asshole to a bald-headed, druggie looking psychopath. I think he's done his job pretty well for the role he got after becoming the 'Viper' but he's just much better than that. Also wish he had never gotten those arm sleeves. The tribal tattoos were awesome and all he needed. Even if they have "absolutely no meaning" in his own words.

#13,758 · (Edited)
Nothing is worse than clothesline -> clothesline -> power slam -> draping DDT -> RKO OUTTA NOWHERE~! though.
Well that and shoulder block -> shoulder block -> side slam -> five knuckle shuffle -> AA OUTTA NOWHERE~! comes close.

:cena2

But I agree, Randy has become pretty formulaic with his signature moves. Still a capable worker and consistent technically with what he does. I'd say Alberto Del Rio is in the same boat being technically sound but missing an added element to make him more engaging to watch for the most part.

#13,760 · (Edited)
Everytime Cena and Orton face off, it's just the WORST. They act as if Cena and Orton have this big storied rivalry with some of the greatest matches ever It's honestly more forced than any Trips/Orton or Trips/Shawn encounter that I've ever seen. SO FUCKING RIDICULOUS.

Still think Triple H and Cena should have swapped spots for Wrestlemania XXV and we could have had Edge/Trips and Cena/Orton as main events, FAR MORE INTERESTING THAN TRIPS/ORTON FOR THE 30th FUCKING TIME. Plus, Cena-Orton would have been somewhat FRESH as a singular feud by then, unlike Trips-Orton, who wrestled two fucking singles matches on PPV less than a year before !

X2 What C2D said. Orton as a psychopath heel ? C'mon man...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.