Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - AVG Anti Virus the best Anti Virus Program out there

View Single Post

Old 01-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #38 (permalink)
Kuchiki
"The Tone"

Kuchiki is getting a pushKuchiki is getting a pushKuchiki is getting a pushKuchiki is getting a pushKuchiki is getting a pushKuchiki is getting a pushKuchiki is getting a pushKuchiki is getting a pushKuchiki is getting a pushKuchiki is getting a pushKuchiki is getting a push
Default Re: AVG Anti Virus the best Anti Virus Program out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svart View Post
This. The problem with A/V's is they try to be a solve all solution when it isn't always smart or even necessary. I forgot trojans, viruses and malware existed because I don't open nor browse anything that hasn't been 1) Tested in a VM and/or Sandboxie 2.) Isn't from a site/person I trust.
Heh, that's pretty lame. I've been using NOD32 for many years now and don't have much fear of clicking on pages I know for a fact have viruses. Even before NOD, I was having to delve into the registry and delete files many times to remove the things manually. (Finding Unlocker a bit later helped considerably by reducing the number of restarts.)

I don't think that solely going by "trust" teaches you much. My diagnosing skills came from risks. It's strange to not have to take them anymore with the comfort that your AV will actually find and kill it before it buries itself too deep for AV's growing immensly during 2003-2005 AV like Avast or ZoneAlarm to find. What you've described doesn't sound like a problem anymore than a configuration issue.

Consequences...

Last edited by Kuchiki : 01-10-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Kuchiki is offline   Reply With Quote