Wrestling Forum banner

WWE going out of business...

11K views 47 replies 44 participants last post by  HerbUWF 
#1 ·
Everything comes to an end, as times change so do other things. When do you think the WWE is going to go out of business, and will it be in our lifetime?

#30 ·
Re: What would be your reaction if ....

It's very unlikely that will happen anytime soon, but if it did, I would be really pissed off, if it goes out of business that means I'm stuck watching TNA, ROH and Indy promotions. It's never as good as WWE in my opinion.

#31 ·

If WWE would go out of business.

How would it effect me? If it happened right now for example. I would be in shock. Then after that I would probably start hitting Craigslist and surrounding Flea Markets for tapes. As that shit would probably go up in price.

Do I think that it's possible? Possible? Yes. Anything can happen. Likely? No.

How sad would I be? Honestly, I would pretty sad if it happened. As I've grown up watching it. Even if the product isn't the best right now I'm still a long time fan. I would get over it quickly. But it would be strange to not see Raw or SmackDown on my tv for quite some time.

#32 ·

Somebody would buy it. This is legitimately impossible.

#36 ·

If WWE dies, I really don't know how wrestling in general can still be possible. Though if by some crazy reason, WWE did die, I think it'd only happen if wrestling in general dies.

It's basically like one can't happen without the other. WWE can't die unless pro wrestling itself dies, and pro wrestling can't die unless WWE(or whoever is the leading wrestling company) dies.

#42 ·
When linda finally gets elected to senate

#43 ·
Never. It may be close to soap operas but it's not one. WWE is sports entertainment, as long as people keep watching it you won't see the end of it. Consider the PG aspect, these kids will grow and just like us they will keep liking it (some won't, but most will be faithful to the product). I don't see why it would stop.

#46 ·
Anyone saying "never" is laughably naive.

People felt the exact same way about WcW, heck back then people thought the WWF would go out of business.

Hardcore fans felt ECW would last forever as well.

The WWE isn't in the best place right now. They are working hard on getting better but they've made a ton of mistakes in the last few years.

When Vince is gone we may see the decline and even the end of the WWE. If not forever, for quite awhile.

#48 ·
Anyone saying "never" is laughably naive.

Hardcore fans felt ECW would last forever as well.
Around back then were you? Because I was on the official ECWwrestling.com forum from 1996 onwards, and no, that wasn't an opinion. There were always rumours of ECW going under - by the most hardcore fans going, and the ones who clogged up the arena. So don not talk shit about things you don't have the slightest clue about.

#47 ·
till McMahon family name is pennyless
so basically never :vince2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.