Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #6149 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 01:02 PM
MISTER. WINNING
DEVON WORLD ORDER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Seriously, the rumored WM card does not appeal to me.

Cena/Rock: Saw it. It was good, but not great. No memorable moments. Especially no Wrestlemania moment. That match gets way overrated. It doesn't touch Hogan/Warrior at 6, Bret/Austin at 13, Austin/HBK at 14, Austin/Rock at 17, Rock/Hogan at 18, HHH/Cena at 22, HBK/Flair at 24, HBK/Taker at 25 & 26, or HHH/Taker at 28. Still think Cena should have won it but whatever, it happened. It's over. Move on.

HHH/Lesnar: Fuck no. That match at Summerslam was slow, boring, and uninspired. After the weak build that led up to it, it needed a brawl, a pure fight to display the hatred. That was nowhere to be found. Although Lesnar got the win, what does it really matter if this match happens? How does it make sense. Lesnar has been gone and not seen since so the momentum Lesnar might have had is gone and HHH doesn't need the match or the win.

Punk/Taker: This one infuriates me the most because Punk can't win. Punk won't win. This Wrestlemania should be a culmination of the CM Punk journey that started at MITB in 2011 and what propelled it at RAW 1000. That simply is him vs. Rock for the WWE title. This match with Taker won't do him any favors. Yes, he'll look good and it'll make him more over I guess but it won't main event Mania. Punk won't win. And I've seen this match and feud in 2009. As much of a big fan as I am for Taker and Punk, it was bad. Their HIAC match in 2009 was bad and their Breaking Point match that same year wasn't any better.

Sheamus/Ziggler: As if Ziggler, who's already been built as a non-factor anyways no matter how much that TLC win last month masquerades it, is going to be Sheamus at a Wrestlemania to keep or win the title.

So Cena wins, Sheamus wins, HHH wins, and Taker wins at Mania. Same. Old. Shit.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome