Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #6145 (permalink)
YoungGun_UK
THE ONE.

YoungGun_UK better hope they're relatively new hereYoungGun_UK better hope they're relatively new hereYoungGun_UK better hope they're relatively new hereYoungGun_UK better hope they're relatively new hereYoungGun_UK better hope they're relatively new hereYoungGun_UK better hope they're relatively new hereYoungGun_UK better hope they're relatively new hereYoungGun_UK better hope they're relatively new hereYoungGun_UK better hope they're relatively new hereYoungGun_UK better hope they're relatively new hereYoungGun_UK better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

I genuinely don't think the audience will care about 'Cena's redemption' at all! he's done it so many times no one cares anymore. WrestleMania's 22 to 26 were all about "The John Cena comeback" story and I don't think fans are on the edge of their seat to see Cena back in that spot, I think they were sick of it by WrestleMania 26 in all honesty.

I think Cena's far better positioned as the 'top guy' without needing the belt anymore and that should be his shtick for here on out IMO, aslong as he's a babyface anyway, if your telling me this is all leading to Cena turning heel on Rock at Mania to start his dominant heel run then FUCK! go for it but if it leads to another poor boy scout version of saying your prayers and eating your vitamins then the ratings are going to continue to tank IMO.

I genuinely think the people that cameback to see Rock/Cena were never going to stick around because most feel Cena's a lame version of a Hogan and Rock, yes they can be corny but it doesn't matter due to their crowd control. I think the extra eyeball on Rock/Punk could make a few jaded fans sit up and take notice of Punk and think this guy is awesome, we'll have to see how that plays out.